Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Assistant Professor of GovernmentDoes this position require driving?:
YesJob Summary/Basic Function:
Full time residential faculty position. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to teaching residential graduate and/or undergraduate courses, participating in meetings, serving the Helms School of Government and the larger university through committee assignments, projects, etc. as assigned by the Dean, mentoring and meeting with students, serving in administrative, project, and project management capacities as assigned by the Dean, and participating in all other regular responsibilities of full-time faculty at liberty university. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively in written and oral formats, the mobility and ability to travel both between locations on campus and to various off-campus conferences and events, etc.Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified applicants will have either a Ph.D. in an Intelligence or National Security-related discipline orPreferred Qualifications:
- Subject-matter expert possessing both a masters degree and substantial professional experience.
- Excellent research, writing and grammar skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Practical governmental or public policy experience; authorship in areas of government, political science or public policy.Work Hours:
- Demonstrated a commitment to excellence in teaching as well as a competence in coordinating and developing courses.
As determined by the Dean or Associate Dean.Posting Date: