The Office of Human Resources provides leadership in the development and implementation of sound human resource practices which support the university's educational and research mission. Our goal to provide exceptional service to the university community is grounded in our commitment to be responsive to our constituents and the evolving needs of the university and by promoting an environment where each employee is recognized, and their contributions valued by providing services and programs that attract, develop, and retain a talented and diverse workforce.Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytical, and detail-oriented Assistant Director/Business Systems Analyst to serve as the liaison between Human Resource business users across the enterprise and campus/CU system IT. This position will focus on Human Resources business processes and applications, including but not limited to Human Resource Information Management, Applicant Tracking, Performance Management, Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Payroll. The position will work directly with business users within HR, as well as cross-functional stakeholders, to identify, communicate and document business requirements. The HR Assistant Director/Business Analyst will partner with Information Technology resources to evaluate new applications and/or application enhancements based on business and functional requirements and assist in the implementation. This technical role also requires excellent knowledge of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical background. The candidate will have direct hands on experience in process design, configuration, implementation, and reporting.Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)
is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students.Colorado Springs
(pop. 450K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report
as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.What you’ll do:
Tasks are included but not limited to: business process definition, data analysis and conversion, application configuration, training documentation and end-user training. Post-implementation, this position will help to drive adoption, provide application support, and assist in the implementation of system upgrades, fixes and enhancements. This position requires someone who understands the needs of the business and has the skills needed to collaborate with IT to leverage technology to advance business goals and objectives. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned:Process Engineering --
Review and analyze existing HR processes and workflows, partner with process owners and subject matter experts to document workflows and process requirements. Identify opportunities for optimization, efficiency, and simplification. Lead and manage strategic process improvement projects and initiatives. Support roll-out and communication of HR process improvements. Create and maintain a repository of process flows and other related technical communications. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, convert high-level information into details, convert technical information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying needs. Partner with HR SMEs to improve downstream systems for operating efficiencies and effectiveness. Proactive - take initiative to identify and anticipate employee and business needs and make recommendations for implementation.Human Resources Applications
– Responsible for understanding and supporting UCCS’s Human Resources business processes across the enterprise, including but not limited to HRIS functions – Applicant Tracking, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Compensation, various HR communication tools (e.g. website, blog, email tools) and Payroll. Primary person responsible for how these processes map to our ERP software application, and other applications within the enterprise supporting HR functions. Assist with new business application implementations, as well as enhancements and upgrades for existing applications. Provide application support, end-user training, and continuous improvement of these processes and systems.Training
– Develop and update training materials and programs for Human Resource applications. Deliver training to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end-user community as needed. Testing
– Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and IT to develop testing plans for functionality enhancements and software upgrades. Ensure system modifications pass first level of testing, prior to handing off to SMEs for 2nd level of testing. Assist in troubleshooting and issue resolution. Business Intelligence/Analysis
– Identify and document business requirements for Human Resources and cross-functional stakeholders for new and enhanced systems/functions to improve and streamline business processes and performance. Responsible for design specifications, data integrity, troubleshooting and issue resolution. Communicate with business and IT teams. Develop program metrics and dashboards to ensure accurate reporting of HR strategic initiative and project milestones and timelines. Create reports and articulate HR data and information in order to provide a line of sight for key stakeholders into various business lines.Project Management
– Manage application implementations for Human Resources in collaboration with IT, including but not limited to identifying and documenting business requirements, analyzing and converting data, assisting with system configuration, business process definition, change management, training documentation and end-user training, including the development of SMEs. Communication
- Assists in the design and deployment of HR communication and feedback with the campus through training, meetings, listening sessions, constituent surveys, blogs, employee focus groups, etc.Job Competencies:Demonstrated leadership abilities which bolster the knowledge and capabilities of the team and members to improve outcomes.Demonstrated knowledge of project and change management principles and best practices with the ability to apply this knowledge in a fast-paced environmentExcellent written and verbal communication skills with multiple constituencies.Ability to provide clear, concise verbal and written explanations for complex concepts so that others gain insights from analyses quickly and effectively.High-level understanding of HCM and applicant tracking system including business processes, standard reports, and data.Advanced idea, projects, and data analysis skills that support the ability to organize, capture, analyze, and report information. Strong prioritizing, project management, planning and organization skills with the ability to serve multiple customers effectivelyAbility to identify opportunities to leverage new products, new technologies and business models for UCCS and communicate and champion business case models to enhance the HR processes.Ability to conduct end-user interviews, capture user requirements, and prepare end-user documentation and conducting end-user training.Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness, delivering results that are consistent with determined strategy.Ability to exercise strict confidentiality; understand the importance of honesty, transparency, high integrity and dependability.Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing prioritiesExcellent oral and written communication skills and focus on client serviceA results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environmentExperience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).What We Offer:Salary Range:
Generally starting at $70,000 - $88,000The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid vacation and time off, and a tuition benefit. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services
. Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider reviewing the Total Compensation page at Total Compensation Calculators | University of Colorado
Tentative Search Timeline:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 4 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 401(a) Retirement Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- The potential dates for interviews with the search committee will be the week of 7/19/2021.
- The potential dates for interviews with the supervisor and appointing authority will be the week of 7/26/2021.
- The potential employee start date is 8/16/2021.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check. UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions and meet the physical and environment demands described satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical and environmental demands.Applicants with disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or test at least 3 working days before the interview or test date. If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must notify the appointing authority or Human Resources.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education3+ years’ experience supporting, administering or configuring HR, IT or other business analyst applications including requirements gathering, systems design, configuration/development, functional testing and go-live supportStrong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environmentUnderstanding of application/system integration concepts and information flow between applications/systems Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsAdvanced Microsoft Excel capabilities including ability to work with complex formulas and macrosAbility to analyze and document complex business processes and to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidancePreferred Qualifications:Master’s degree in a field related to human resources or information technologyHRIS management experienceOnBase experienceExperience working with SQL Database or database reporting toolsSupervisory experienceBusiness process reengineering experience, Six Sigma certification etc. is a plusProven work experience in process engineering, process mapping and delivering measurable improvements. Human Resources functional business knowledge and experience
Experience working closely with HRIS and related HR applications/platforms Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. Employee is occasionally required to move. Tasks may involve using a computer screen continuously for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Job Category:
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jun 29, 2021Unposting Date: