Faculty Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Department of English Primary Location:
Faculty Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
Job Summary: Middle Georgia State University (MGA), a Unit of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of English. The available Assistant Professor position will be housed in the Department of English in the School of Arts & Letters and will support delivery of the core curriculum and the BA in English. All positions in the School of Arts & Letters require a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: This position involves teaching a 4/4 course load, scholarship, student advisement, and service. Travel among our campuses will be required as needed. Teaching responsibilities will include day and/or evening classes, online and/or hybrid courses, and video-conference classes.
- Americanist with specialization in African American Literature
- Readiness to teach at the collegiate level with commitment to student engagement.
- Ability to teach core English classes including African American literature surveys as well as upper-level specialty courses such as the Literature of the Harlem Renaissance.
- Evidence of scholarly promise or achievement.
- Readiness to engage in academic and community service.
- Ability to teach Studies in African and/or Caribbean Literature.
- Prior successful teaching experience.
- Experience with online and/or hybrid delivery of instruction.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted until position filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as one PDF attachment to [email protected] with the subject line “10017815 ENGLISH AA – SOAL.” Application materials must include:
A letter of interest A curriculum vitae A statement of teaching philosophy Names and contact information of three references Background checks will be conducted on all final candidatesFaculty Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D
- An MGA faculty application