Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Student Life Administration Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinating Student Life programming for students of Middle Georgia State University.
Program and Event Planning
- Plans and implements student life events for assigned student populations; negotiates contracts with external vendors and entertainers; submits technical and set-up requests; arranges catering services; schedules staff to work events; manages events.
- Coordinates and implements off campus events and trips; coordinates vehicle reservation requests.
- Prepares contracts, check requests, travel requests and reimbursement requests for approval.
- Designs fliers and other promotional materials.
- Manages social media sites.
- Updates online calendars; maintains Web sites.
- Maintains statistical reports, surveys and other records to assess accomplishments, appropriate student learning outcomes, and departmental needs.
Supervising and Advising
- Advises the campus activity board and works closely with clubs and organizations.
- Oversees student activity fee budget
- Manages the campus food pantry
- Represents Student Life at orientations
- Identifies as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)
Performs related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of University System of Georgia Board of Regents policies, procedures, practices, requirements, and reporting structures
- Knowledge of student life principles and practices
- Knowledge of budget management principles
- Knowledge of event planning principles
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Skill in decision making and problem solving
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in working with the public
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Leads in a manner that engenders in students a vibrant university spirit, nurtured by meaningful campus connections, innovative programming, co-curricular learning, and purposeful engagement
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS:The Director of Student Engagement assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college policies and procedures, Univesity System of Georgia policies and procedures, the MGA Student Handbook, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, and college statutes and bylaws, and other state and federal regulations. These guidelines require judgement, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied duties in the direction of university student life The variety of tasks to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to direct the university’s student life Success in this position contributes to the student life experiences of university students.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, representatives of other colleges and universities, alumni, entertainers, caterers, representatives of social service agencies, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to motivate or influence persons, or to justify, defend or settle matters.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping
- The work is performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor venues, and occasionally, nights and weekends
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no direct supervision responsibility.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary Grade 17.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018525 Student Services Coordinator I - Cochran”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D