Instructor / Assistant Professor of Business (ONLINE FACULTY)
Division of Business
Department of Business & Computer Information Systems
Chair of the Department of Business & Computer Information Systems
Livingstone College seeks applications for an Instructor or Assistant
Professor of Business to teach online classes begin in August 2021,
which marks the commencement of the online B.S. in Business
Administration program here at the college. Course instruction areas
include but are not limited to: Introduction to Business, Business
Communication, Personal Finance, Business Law, Principles of
Management, Business Finance, Retailing, Business Policy, and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Teach 12 to 15 credit hours per semester.
- Keep a minimum of 8 online office hours per week.
- Recruit and retain Business majors.
- Attend department and division meetings.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Engage in service and professional development activities.
- Must complete assessment data reports at the midterm and end of the semester.
- Keep accurate attendance and gradebook records.
What you will need to be successful!
- Doctorate in Business Administration, M.B.A., and other closely related degrees in the Business area will be considered.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience at the college or university-level is preferred.
- Must have experience teaching hybrid and online courses.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be comfortable incorporating technology into the teaching and learning process.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, and students.
- Must possess the ability to act in a professional and ethical manner in dealings with colleagues and students.
- Must be proficient in the use of Blackboard, ECHO 360: Lecture Capture, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private historically black college that is secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, academic excellence, and student success. Through a Christian-based environment suitable for holistic learning, Livingstone provides excellent business, liberal arts, STEAM, teacher education, and workforce development programs for students from all ethnic backgrounds designed to promote lifelong learning and to develop student potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.