: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 28, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 06555Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget title: Instructional Support Associate (SL-2)
The Video and Social Media Coordinator will:
- Serve as a member of the athletics communications team, which is responsible for video, media relations, publications, website (bubearcats.com), social media and generating all creative content for Binghamton's 21 Division I teams in the America East Conference
- As the primary video, photography, and social media coordinator, create strategies to generate content for website and social media, including but not limited to student-athlete features, in-game clips, postgame highlights, season highlights, recruiting video packages, practice/hype videos, player award packages, special event packages
- Serve as primary media contact for men's lacrosse and secondary for men's and women's basketball with some travel responsibilities in-season and for postseason tournaments
- Oversee social media graphics strategies using Boxout Graphics subscription
- Serve as expert on emerging trends in video, photography, graphics and social media
- With help of student interns, explore expanded and "behind-the-scenes" video projects such as mic-ing coaches during practice, using Go-Pro cameras, drones and other creative methods of generating content
- Define and drive a social media strategy for all platforms (Twitter, IG, Facebook, Youtube)
- Serve on Gameday statistics staff for sports as needed
- Hire, train and supervise student intern base of 6-10 persons per semester
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, sports management, or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere Pro) and web content management systems
- Experience with photography production and editing
- Outgoing personality and ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of social media platform
- Experience inputting and calling stats using Statcrew for volleyball, basketball and lacrosse
- Experience working in a college or professional sports setting
- Broad knowledge of all sports, including rules and statistics
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Internal Applications by: 07/13/2021
External Applications: open until filled.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online.
- Cover letter and
- Contact information for three professional references.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.