Trinity Christian College seeks a part-time Bookstore Assistant. This position is in a retail environment. The candidate must be a self-starter with a high attention to detail. Must be able to multi-task and see projects to completion. Must be comfortable in dealing with people. Must be comfortable in handling money. This is a part-time position for 24 hours per week for the entire year.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in sales, promotions and merchandise displays in the store and on Trinity’s campus
- Filling online orders of the textbooks and general merchandise.
- Assist staff in ordering, receiving, and shelving textbook shipments, clothing shipments, and other general merchandise.
- Assist customers with any questions and be able to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Assist in the store’s social media account.
- Reconcile End of Day reports in cash register.
- Must be willing to learn store software programs.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Retail experience is preferred.
Other qualifications include the ability handle a cash register comfortably, the ability to calculate figures
and amounts such as discounts, percentages, be wiling to learn and understand our software program. Candidate should be willing and comfortable to work with students, families, Trinity staff/faculty and at times some vendors. This may entail some ordering of merchandise, including but not limited, to books, clothing, and supplies. The store is on different floor and work will be required on each of them.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE