Job location: Remote Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R0006241 Job Description:
Saybrook University is seeking graduate student Teaching Assistants (TAs) to join its Department of Clinical Psychology for Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022.One TA will be assigned to designated course shells with course enrollments of 12 or more students). Though the TA will be working closely with the faculty on record, the TA reports directly to the Program Chair.
Selected courses are listed below, yet other first year courses may be added as enrollment progresses through registration. Therefore, it is recommended that potential applicants review
first and second semester courses to identify any of the courses for which you would want to be considered. At this time, the following courses will likely require teaching assistants. This may vary for Spring 21.
- PSY/EHP1080 History and Systems
- PSY2025 Systems of Psychotherapy
- PSY3015 Cognition and Affect in Human Behavior
- PSY3025 Biological Bases of Behavior
- PSY4050 Integrative Health Psychology: The Application of Psychological Concepts
- PSY6060 Ethics and Laws in Psychotherapy and Behavioral Science
- PSY7510 Social Psychology
- PSY8250 Personality Assessment and Lab
Under the direction of the course faculty, the (TA) is responsible for supporting the development of the course, student matriculation, and instruction. The teaching assistantship offers learning opportunities for graduate students interested in teaching careers and mentorship. This position also reports to the program chair and may be invited to support of degree program in iterative.
A. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the faculty of record
- Meeting periodically with course faculty
- Potential collaboration in the building of the course shell
- Responding to student posting and/or course assignments in coordination and at the direction of faculty
- Follow up with students accordingly
- Deepening the learning experience for peers
B. Position Requirements:
- Committed to advancing the Saybrook mission and academic excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Professionalism and mature interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Log into course shell at an agreed upon expectation with the course instructor
- Respond to emails within 24 hours during business week
C. Position Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in the Saybrook Clinical Psychology program
- Good Academic standing, having completed at least 4 semesters of the program
- Successful completion of the course(s) in which one is serving as the Teaching Assistant
- Clinical experience and/or training either during matriculation or before
- Satisfactory completion of FERPA training and any other university designated trainings
- Qualification for Federal Work Study (FWS) Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, Saybrook University has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning January 31, 2022.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century in the field of progressive Western psychology. It continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook Universityis proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.