Director, International Student Services PDSO/RO
St. Edward's University
Director, International Student Services PDSO/ROInternational Student Services
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Director, International Student Services PDSO/RO. The International Student Services office (ISS) supports and advocates for international student visa holders at St. Edward's University. The director serves as the PDSO/RO (Primary Designated School Official/Responsible Officer) and manages the broad spectrum of service areas related to student visa holders. The position supervises immigration and visa-related service functions in compliance with federal regulations and reporting requirements. This role provides essential services that serve the student's educational, professional, and social goals and understands the challenges and strengths that are unique to this population. This position provides leadership toward the planning and implementation of successful initiatives for the student visa holder as well as maintaining strategic plans that enable comprehensive support for this population. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Success. Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and Responsible Office (RO) for a small population of student visa holders
- Ensure DSO/ARO staff are fully trained on immigration regulations and updated on policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Acts as school liaison to state and federal agencies; such as DHS, Department of State, USCIS, SSA, etc.
- Oversee immigration compliance with regulations for F & J visas.
- Review policies/procedures; writes Annual Report; updates program information in SEVIS.
- Train and update DSO/ARO staff on immigration regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee the health insurance requirements and waiver process for international students and exchange visitors.
- Research, interpret and apply federal and institutional rules and policies to the specific situations of international students in F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant status.
- Manage SEVIS and ISSM database and updates to International Student Services webpages.
- Advise F & J international students on immigration matters
- Counsel students on immigration from recruitment to post-graduation
- Support and advise students on career and internship compliance (OPT/CPT)
- Review, analyze and stay abreast of federal regulations and procedures affecting international students
- Research, recommend, communicate, and implement appropriate practices and procedures that support students with maintaining their immigration and academic status
- Provide direct, comprehensive advising to international students in regards to complex issues not only related to immigration but also related to academic, travel, and career development issues.
- Provide oversight to the FYSM course for INTL students.
- Serve as liaison to faculty and staff in regard to the intersection of immigration regulation and academic success.
- Serve as a liaison between international students, faculty, and all campus partners (i.e. Student Involvement, Career Services, Success Coaches, Health and Counseling Center, Financial Services, etc.) to integrate international educational services to the overall university function
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and presentation of specialized workshops/ programs/information seminars as well as informational text oversight, such the website, handouts/forms, office processes and workflow
- Committed to retention initiatives and demonstrates this through active involvement in educational guidance for student, faculty, and staff
- Actively participate in developing university guidelines for implementation of immigration regulations for student visa holders
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status required per federal regulations for certification as a Designated School Official
- Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred
- 5 -10 years working with Student visa holders at the PDSO/RO level or with advanced DSO/ARO training and experience. Strong background in interpreting regulations for student visa holders.
- Flexible schedule, weekend work, and/or additional hours required.
- Familiarity with federal/state agencies that work with international students and visitors
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Works independently, as well as, in teams and is highly motivated
- Can process large volumes of detailed-oriented paperwork in support of international student status
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure, amidst challenging interpersonal interactions
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multilingual/multicultural environment, interpersonally, orally, and in writing, with supervisors, co-workers, faculty, students, and campus partners.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020121
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency