Lead/Senior Instructional Designer/Technologist FACET
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
Towson University is accepting applications for a Lead/Senior Instructional Designer/Technologist in the Faculty Academic Center for Excellence at Towson (FACET). This professional will apply effective project management practices to assist faculty with course development, decisions about selection and application of instructional strategies, and integration of instructional and educational technology platforms and tools using evidence-based teaching and learning techniques to support student success.
Develop and facilitate face-to-face activities, blended instruction, and online courses. Research and support adoption and use of the latest technologies into the instructional process. Coach faculty through development and revision of online courses. Lead reviews of online courses. Assist with the revision and implementation of an online course review program. Facilitate workshops. Develop and lead new initiatives in collaboration with the FACET team and the faculty community. Assess activities for continuous improvement.
Candidates will be asked to provide examples of personally designed teaching materials or learning objects and uses of instructional technology in teaching.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as an instructional designer and/or instructional technologist, with some experience in instructional design project management/project leadership.
- Ability to chair and facilitate teams of faculty reviewers for review and evaluation of online and hybrid courses.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience designing traditional, hybrid, and online instruction with a preference for some experience in higher education.
- Proven leadership and management skills, and ability to work with project teams, who is able to provide examples of project management experience.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret client needs, commitment to customer service and effective negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Blackboard, or another learning management system, and instructional technologies.
- Experience as a higher education instructor.
- Both in-person and online teaching experience.
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer certification.
- Advanced skills in using educational technologies.
- Advanced experience with Blackboard or other Learning Management Systems.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
If you are motivated, innovative, and team-oriented, we would love to hear from you.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. The University System of Maryland (USM) has recently determined that mandating a COVID vaccine for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM is both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety. As a prospective hire at TU, proof of your full COVID19 vaccination must be demonstrated before you begin employment with the University.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected].
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.