25-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Compliance Coordinator - Title IX and Contracts.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position reports to the Chief Legal Officer/University Attorney. This position ensures the university is in regulatory compliance and oversees the contracts process. This position will facilitate and maintain policies and procedures for the general operation of the university, deliver policy, conduct and inclusive training programs, assist with resolving issues related to equal access and employment opportunities, assist as needed with ethics and compliance hotlines/web portals, manage the compliance process, and assist with monitoring the performance of the compliance program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Chief Legal Officer/University Attorney, this position will:
- Serves as the institutions Title IX Coordinator, performing case intake activities, providing guidance of investigations, coordinating hearing panels, and issuing update and resolution correspondence to involved parties.
- Participates on relevant committees, task forces, and projects.
- Facilitates and maintains compliance related policies and procedures for the general operation of the university.
- Delivers policy, conduct, and inclusiveness training programs, reviews and makes recommendations for changes to all university contracts, in compliance with state government, university and BOR requirements, before they are endorsed and effectuated by the Chief Business Officer.
- Investigates and issues reports and recommendations concerning allegations of illegal, unethical, discriminatory or improper conduct.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Environmental Health and Safety, Internal Audit, Human Resources) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution, and to assist as needed.
- In partnership with the Director of Human Resources, the Disability Coordinator and the Dean of Students, assists in resolving issues related to equal access and employment opportunities.
- Monitors the ethics and compliance hotlines/web portals and engages the appropriate colleagues to ensure the reported concerns are promptly investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and, as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other divisions to remain abreast of all compliance activities and identify trends.
- Assists with cross-departmental risk assessment activities to identify, track and report to leadership potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management and the university system office informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Assists in working with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate, to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Assists in monitoring the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Other projects/duties as assigned and general support for Legal and Government Affairs Department.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current and emerging legislation, issues, or trends as related to this position.
- Knowledge of Open Record Act and Freedom of Information Act requirements.
- Knowledge of procedural processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of institutional practices.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in examining operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing/implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field and three (3) years of related experience required.
Juris Doctorate degree and more than three (3) years of related experience.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com