PSYS - Health & Counseling Center Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
Director of Counseling Services
Health & Counseling Center
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Director of Counseling Services. The Director of Counseling Services works collaboratively within the University community to provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning and management of operations for an integrated center that includes health and counseling services. Responsible for the day-to-day operations and services of the counseling program. Provides leadership to mental health and wellbeing initiatives within the Center and Division of Student Affairs in service of the broader University community.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees the development and implementation of a variety of services, programs, and activities designed to address student emotional health needs that contribute to overall wellbeing.
- Provides clinical management of counseling services.
- Develops policies and procedures that are appropriate for counseling services.
- Oversees the supervision of mental health counselors, doctoral trainees, and support staff.
- Prepares and manages the budget for counseling services.
- Develops a departmental strategic plan and assesses goals and objectives and the overall effectiveness of programs and services.
- Oversees and participates in training, outreach, consultations.
- Oversees a 24/7 crisis intervention system.
- Provides individual clinical supervision to unlicensed counseling staff, trainees as needed.
- Interfaces with the various areas of the Division of Student Affairs, participates as a team member on the divisional leadership team in advancing the work of the Division.
- Participates and provides mental health oversight to the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
- Collaborates with other campus partners as part of the Crisis Intervention Response Team.
- Adheres to professional and ethical guidelines, and ensures that the department complies with university policies, as well as state and federal laws related to mental health services.
- Collaborates with community partners and 3rd party vendors as needed to provide the necessary mental health services to the St. Edward's campus community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or other closely related disciplines from an APA accredited program with three years of post-doctoral clinical experience. State licensure within 18 months.
- Successful experience providing counseling to young adults ages 17-26.
- Experience in mental health case management, crisis intervention, and community programming.
- Knowledge/training in multicultural issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a brief, psychotherapy approach.
- Ability to work collegiately in a diverse, multicultural community.
- Ability to work congruently within the mission of the university, division, and department.
- Working knowledge of HIPPA and FERPA.
- Sensitivity to confidentiality, diversity, and multicultural issues. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Related experience in higher education and student development.Upper-level administrative leadership position experience. Spanish fluency.Specialization and/or experience with BIPOC communities strongly preferred
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available:06/28/21 Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com