DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine | Department of Family MedicineHuman Resources/Recruitment CoordinatorPosition # 00785665 – Requisition #21873
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
* The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Department of Family Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Recruitment Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll. Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals. Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. Position Emphasis
Manages recruiting activities including position management, advertising, screening candidates, and facilitating hiring processes. Facilitates onboarding of new employees, including setting up and processing new hires, maintaining onboarding checklists and conducting orientation sessions. Oversees the performance review process including adjusting review paths, managing the dissemination and collection of forms and following up on incomplete performance reviews. Assists the faculty affairs coordinator with onboarding and maintenance of the department’s 600+ volunteer faculty, collaborating with the UME Preceptor Coordinator to ensure that volunteer faculty are actively participating in the DFM’s educational, research, clinical or community efforts. Serves as backup to payroll coordinator. Assists in the administration, coordination and implementation of department events, including monthly meetings and annual events. Assists with office space matters, including maintaining the department drawing and coordinating with the Human Resources | Operations Program Director to arrange construction, furniture orders, phone moves, etc.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at:Professional: 46,216 - 58,787 Senior Professional:49,963 - 63,553 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications- Professional
A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution and one year of professional level experience in an HR/recruiting or administrative role. Minimum Qualifications – Senior Professional
A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in recruiting or human resources. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis. Preferred Qualifications (all ranks)
- 5 years’ human resources/recruiting experience.
- Administrative support experience in higher education, medical school or health sciences setting.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks with independent judgment based upon a complex set of competing time and resource requirements and to handle changing workloads and demands as necessary. Must be able to determine most efficient sequence of duties on any given day and recognize when to delegate tasks. Flexibility to adapt to changing workloads and management schedules.
- High degree of professionalism, resourcefulness, tact, and diplomacy.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jun 25, 2021Unposting Date: