Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
POSITION TITLE: ASSISTANT WOMEN’S SOCCER COACH
Under the supervision of the Athletic Director and the Head Women’s Soccer Coach, assistant coaching duties will be assigned by the head coach and will include administration, coaching, and recruiting for the Eastern Connecticut State University Women’s Soccer Program.
- Support the head coach in ensuring that all matters related to the women’s soccer programs student athletes adhere to NCAA and Little East Conference rules and regulations.
- Provide a climate in which participating student athletes can strive for individual and group improvement and excellence.
- Participate in coordinating, strategy, and planning meetings of the coaching staff.
- Instruct student athletes about skills and execution needed to perform the sport of women’s soccer effectively and competitively.
- Assist in game statistical and film analysis.
- Participate in player evaluation.
- When needed, maintain an active role in the recruitment of student athletes, including: identification of prospective student athletes and participation in the on campus recruiting process.
- Contribute to a positive work climate and the team effort within the school, as well as demonstrate positive sportsmanship in everyday situations.
- Establish and maintain a professional demeanor with student athletes, parents, staff, guidance counselors, the community, and the media.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities in addition to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- First Aid/AED/CPR Certification
- Ability to pass background check
Preferred hiring standards include:
- Experience recruiting and/or coaching women’s soccer at the collegiate level
- Experience with athletic statistical analysis software
- Previous playing experience at the college level in the sport of soccer
- Previous coaching experience at the college level in the sport of soccer
- Demonstrated credibility in the sport of women’s soccer as well as coaching expertise on both general and specific levels and ability to evaluate oneself and the program with respect to the general educational goals and objectives of the athletic programs are also required.
- These qualifications may be waived for the individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
Stipend and (6) credits towards a degree program available to qualified candidates for the 2021-22 academic year.
Local Club coaching to supplement income is also available.
Review of qualified applicants will begin immediately 6/14/21 – deadline to apply and receive application 7/2/21.
Please send cover letter, resume and (3) references with contact information to:
Head Women’s Soccer Coach
Eastern Connecticut State University
Sports Center Room 240
83 Windham Street
Willimantic CT 06226