WEB DEVELOPER II
Number of Vacancies:
IT Enterprise Systems
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of websites, web graphics and other digital content strictly adhering to the standards and best practices established by Information Technology. Provide skills in moderately complex web coding, information architecture, user experience, responsive web design, accessibility and usability in creating and maintaining UTRGV's web presence.
Description of Duties:
• Develops and maintains web sites for the campus community using moderately complex authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools and digital media.
• May be assigned as a lead web developer on special projects and mentor other Web Developers on best practices.
• Designs and edits web page content in the central web content management system including creating custom layouts, forms, stylesheets and templates.
• Evaluates web code to ensure that it is accessible, valid, is properly structured, meets standards and is compatible with browsers, desktop and mobile devices, or operating systems.
• Work closely with designers, analysts, project managers, software engineers and customers to ensure web development standards are met throughout the lifecycle of the web project.
• Meets with customers to conceptualize and create designs that match technical and functional requirements and create navigable prototypes or mockups.
• Designs the user experience based on usability best practices and established IT standards in order to provide intuitive navigation, clean layouts, fast page load times etc.
• Provides feedback to management or development teams when faced with conflicting priorities and assists in identifying solutions to moderate problems.
• Develops or validates test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
• Responds to support inquiries and coordinates with applicable departments within Information Technology to effectively provide support to the campus on website related issues.
• Conducts training sessions and assists staff in other areas with project coordination.
• Creates and integrate video, animation, still images, text and audio into the graphical design of the web site.
• Maintains understanding of latest trends in web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Graphic Arts, or a related field from an accredited university.
• Three (3) years of work experience in web development, or
• Five (5) years of work experience in web development, with an Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Web or Graphic Arts related field.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Ability to multi-task, shift priorities easily and judge demands of multiple competing projects under tight deadline.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29549
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency