Research Nurse 1
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The Stanford Center for Clinical Research
(SCCR) is a growing academic research organization within the Stanford Department of Medicine. Our mission is to advance impactful clinical research through quality operations.
SCCR is collaborating with the Division of Infectious Diseases and ChEM-H to launch multiple studies as part of a COVID Outpatient Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU). We are seeking 4 Clinical Research Nurses to conduct globally impactful research. You will also help build and strengthen new partnerships in collaboration with PIs, clinicians, and clinical research staff in a dynamic team.
At SCCR, we strive to find team members who are passionate about their work, flexible, fun, and want to deliver results. We place a high priority on equipping our staff to perform their job efficiently, helping them acquire new skills and grow within the organization. We encourage our team to have a healthy balance between work commitments and life outside of work and provide support to achieve this balance. If you are looking to make a large impact through global-reaching clinical research, we encourage you to apply! Visit our website to learn more about our core values and what we do.
SCCR is seeking 4 Research Nurse 1s to be under the direct supervision of a senior research nurse/research nurse manager, apply medical knowledge and experience to coordinate and implement the clinical course of research participants in clinical trials. Assess physical health and administer treatments throughout the study aligned with "Scope of Practice" delegated responsibilities. Support study conduct and ensure study participant safety.Duties include:
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support the safety of study participants, and maintain communication with their families/caregivers and clinicians.
- Provide clinical and administrative nursing support for research clinical trials based on scope of practice. Collaborate with clinical staff, researchers, outside vendors, and other staff to administer treatment and study protocols. May coordinate multi-site studies.
- Conduct study participant evaluations according to the study protocol, assess adverse events, and apply triage and judgment to determine course of action.
- Administer medications and treatments per study protocol for out study participant research participants. May collect, process, and ship lab specimens.
- Comply with institutional policies, standard operating procedures, and guidelines, and prepare and submit documentation as required by the study protocol, study sponsor, and regulatory authorities. Manage essential regulatory documents and handle confidential information (verbal and written) with tact and diplomacy, adhering to all HIPAA guidelines.
- Supervise research staff, coordinating staffing or scheduling assignments as needed.
- Participate in budget preparation and billing reconciliation.
- Identify, recruit, and enroll study participants. Participate in the informed consent process.
- Participate and host monitor visits.
- Assist sponsor investigator research with Investigational New Drug/Investigational Device Exemption applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Spanish proficiency or fluency.
- CITI certification within the last three years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or equivalent, and two years of experience in nursing, preferably in a research setting.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Demonstrated ability to work with research subjects of all ages and backgrounds.
- Verbal and written communication skills to convey medical and research-related information to research subjects of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to identify confidential and sensitive information (written and verbal).
- Ability to implement good clinical practices in all interactions with study participants, their families, and colleagues.
- Ability to identify adverse reactions to study treatments and the required study protocol documentation to record these activities.
- Ability to implement study protocols with supervision.
- Ability to provide work direction to research support staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of good clinical practices and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic data capture, including database management.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the position with some supervision.
- Current license as a California Registered Nurse.
- Current basic CPR certification.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, twist/bend/stoop/squat, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, operate foot and/or hand controls.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), scrub/sweep/mop/chop/mix, operate a manual pipette.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California non-commercial class license and operate vehicle during daylight hours.
- May be required to work with, take specific precautions against, and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- On call 24 hours/day.
- Frequent travel, might include international travel.
Why Stanford is for You
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency