Bard CollegeTechnical Assistant - Photography ProgramEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/89556
The position of Technical Assistant is a full-time position in the Photography Program. This is a 35-hour work week, year-round position as part of the undergraduate program, the summer MFA program, and the maintenance intervals between. The Technical Assistant reports to the Program Coordinator of the Photography Program and works daily with students, professors and staff to maintain and facilitate the smooth daily function of the Photography Program. The Technical Assistant has four primary areas of responsibility:Management and Oversight of Darkrooms and Equipment
Management and Oversight of Work-Study Student Employees
- Help maintain all equipment and facilities in the three group and seven individual darkroom spaces in Woods studio.
- This includes everything from enlarger maintenance, to ventilation, purchasing chemistry, working with and training students to use the space properly and coordinating with the buildings and grounds crew for facility needs.
- Responsible for the inventory and management of the program’s photography equipment made available to students. This includes check out and returns with technical advice each semester as well as coordinating repairs and new purchases.
Assist Digital Facilities Manager
- Ensure work-study students are trained, present and responsive during their shifts
- Communicate regularly with all student workers
- Responsible for addressing concerns, questions, and problems as they arise.
- Ongoing management and coordination with Student Payroll.
Assist Program Coordinator
- Assist with regular maintenance, updates, and repairs to computers and printers in the three group labs in the weeks leading up to each semester as well as any necessary upkeep during the academic year and the summer program.
- Help the Digital Facilities Manager as needed in training students in the senior digital labs at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Work with the Program Coordinator to assess, maintain, organize and inventory photography equipment and related material.
- Serve as a teaching assistant when needed during technical demonstrations and labs, working one-on-one with students during these demonstrations.
- Stand in for the Program Coordinator during off hours as needed, and act as printing supervisor when necessary.
- Attention to detail, self-sufficiency, communication and organizational skills are indispensable
- Experience and/or strong in interest in photography (darkroom & digital)
- Willing and able to work with photographic chemistry, equipment, and materials
- Proficient in MacOS operating systems, Microsoft Office, and the Google Suite
- Willingness to learn on the job and ability to balance many tasks are essential
- Able to lift heavy objects from time to time
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the contact information for three references at the Interfolio.com site by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/89556Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.