Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R2772 Job Title
Accountant II (S00195)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Office of Business Services (OBS), has need for a full-time, Accountant II position #S00195. If you enjoy analyzing financial data/reports and conducting audits, reconciling accounts, this is the job for you! The work schedule is Monday – Friday, and hours may vary between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., including some evenings and weekends. This is a grade 27, non-bargaining, exempt position.
This is a temporary with benefits position for Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), grant-funded through May 2022, with the possibility of extension through August 2022. Position is located in Rockville, MD.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
Work requires performing fiscal responsibilities of the U.S. Department of Education's Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grant awards and the assurance on meeting performance measures and deliverables in accordance with Federal regulations, program requirements, and College policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Requires the understanding and application of formal accounting principles
and practices to ensure financial record keeping and procedures meet
• Reviews, maintains and reconciles accounts, making adjustments,
corrections, and journal entries as appropriate; prepares periodic and special
reports and statements.
• Performs reconciliation activities of government withholdings and direct
• Traces discrepancies in accounts, financial documents, data entries, reports
and records and makes corrections.
• Compiles data from account records to create and maintain computer
spreadsheets for posting, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting financial
• Researches and processes charge-backs.
• Assists with year-end external reporting.
• Responds to inquiries from College units, vendors, and financial institutions
regarding accounts and transactions; searches account records and
transaction files for information to answer inquiries.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Job Description
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of professional accounting experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) recommendations; of laws and regulations governing accounting procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of regulations/guidance of grant awards.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software capabilities and accounting applications.
- Skill in operating within an integrated application business environment (i.e., all business applications are integrated into one system and requires communication and understanding of all).
- Skill in using standard office equipment, including computers, computer applications, and software, communicating accounting information, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to maintain a group of accounts, and organize work to set priorities and meet deadlines, communicate and work effectively with others within and outside of the organization, to interpret financial and accounting data, and provide appropriate analysis for management’s use in decision making.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of regulations/guidance of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grant awards
- Knowledge of Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
Salary Range: $59,448 to $77,272 (annually). Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateMonday, September 27, 2021