: June 24, 2021Title
: Administrative Assistant, Office of Human Resources
Description: The Administrative Assistant will support the daily functions of the Office of Human Resources which includes assisting the Title IX/College Compliance Officer, Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). The Administrative Assistant must be able to function both as an effective team player and independently in a demanding environment, which requires a high level of accuracy and confidentiality. This position requires a professional who possesses excellent customer service skills, reliability and trustworthiness. Responsibilities will include
- Support the activities of a fast-paced HR office in a highly confidential manner including reception, telephone coverage, maintenance of accurate records, schedule and support events, data entry, assist with distribution of required documents and notices, prepare presentation materials, craft correspondence and letters, assist with mailings and background check processing
- Enroll employees and volunteers in required compliance and bias courses; facilitate completion of required courses; track completion information and report status to Title IX Coordinator/College Compliance Officer, CDO and CHRO
- Provide direct confidential support to the Title IX Coordinator/College Compliance Officer, CDO and CHRO
- Support the College’s compliance work using LogicManager and provide service assistance on LogicManager to Hartwick stakeholders
- Assist in the maintenance and content development for Compliance, Title IX, and diversity websites and social media accounts
- Provide assistance for compliance and assessment audits
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Compliance, Title IX and diversity resource materials
- Attain knowledge on record management and retention as it relates to college compliance
- Attain knowledge related to diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the institution
- Participate in major campus events, including but not limited to Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend
- This employee is expected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
- As a representative of the College, this person/Administrative Assistant to the Office of Human Resources is expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum requirement for this position are a high school diploma and a minimum of three to five (3 to 5) years of general office experience in a busy office environment.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of office procedures, methods, equipment and software including Microsoft Office.
- Possesses good communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Possesses good judgment and problem solving abilities.
- Understand, interpret, and apply general administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform a variety of office support and clerical duties in support of the Title IX and College Compliance function.
- Ability to follow direction and complete work within appropriate timeframes
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment under stress.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Demonstrated commitment to methods of improvement.
- All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.” Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders – what you do at Hartwick really matters.Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.