Alumni & Employer Relations CoordinatorDepartment:
ENGR-Devel & Alumni RelationsAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities, is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 15 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.Posting Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
8:00am – 5:00pm; Monday – FridayAdvertised Salary:
$30,000-$35,000 - Commensurate with ExperiencePosting Date:
04/16/2020Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
05/01/2020Location of Vacancy:
Athens Area EEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
External Affairs Paraprofessional/ProfessionalFTE:
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional experience in an office setting.
- Proficiency in social media platforms/functions.
- Experience managing and maintaining Outlook calendars.
The UGA College of Engineering is seeking an Employer Development Coordinator. This position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Engagement and provides administrative, programming, operations, events, and customer-service support as related to the Development and Alumni Relations Team. This individual coordinates, manages, and supports a wide range of programs and services to retain and enhance professional relationships with new and existing employer partners, donors and alumni. This includes supporting and promoting employer activities such as on-campus recruiting, career fairs, information sessions, and classroom presentations. This position will also assist with the planning of donor and alumni meetings on and off-campus as well. These efforts include collaborative planning with Director of Corporate Engagement and all members of the Development & Alumni Relations team.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of persons at all levels of management within and external to a university environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Professional and welcoming demeanor as the first point of contact for office.
- Knowledge in social media and marketing campaigns.
Is driving a responsibility of this position?:
- Extended times sitting at computer/desk.
- Frequent travel between the Coverdell Center, Driftmier Engineering Center, and event locations. Driving.
- Lift/carry small items up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional presence at night and weekend events
YesIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
NoCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
EVENTS & PROGRAMMING
Percentage of time:
- Assist the Director of Corporate Engagement with employer visits, events and programs (On-Campus Visits, Employer of the Day, Engineering Career Fair, Engineering Expeditions, information sessions, classroom presentations, etc.)
- Assist with planning and implementation of all donor and alumni events (On-Campus Visits, Scholarship Luncheon, Alumni Tailgates, Alum of the Day, etc.)
- Plan and Coordinate the Engineers Week Banquet which is an annual employer donor stewardship event
- Maintain a budget for programs and analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures) to ensure all operations are within budget.
Percentage of time:
- Set up meeting appointments, coordinate meeting logistics, make travel arrangements and prepare necessary visit materials for team
- Provide day-of prep and support for all meetings, programs and events
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook to coordinate meetings and events across the Development team
- Develop successful practices to manage Development programming and event calendar.
Percentage of time:
- Promote all development and employer relations activities on social media platforms and website
- Communicate with employers, donors and alumni concerning meeting and event logistics