Cancer Center Research Program Coordinator, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center -- Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
The Cancer Center Research Program Coordinator
serves as the program coordinator for a cancer research program at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC). The Coordinator's primary responsibility is to support the research mission for each assigned Research Program by providing support to the Research Program Leaders and members. Responsibilities include the following:
- Organize and manage monthly Program meetings, intra-programmatic meetings, research seminars, and scientific retreats.
- Develop and manage a database to document impact of the Program's scientific activities.
- Assist with onboarding new members and yearly reviews of program membership.
- Provide support to program members in developing successful strategies for development and submission of multi-PI grant submissions.
- Provide support to program members in developing successful pilot and developmental funding application in response to LCCC RFPs and assist with tracking progress and ROI of pilot and developmental funding awarded to program members.
- Manage the Program's 5-year strategic plan to ensure the program remains aligned with the strategies and tactics mapped out in the plan.
- Support recruitment efforts and organize speaker engagements for potential recruits, etc.
- Develop program-specific presentations, documents, and reports as requested by program leaders.
- Preparation of all National Cancer Institute required documents required to achieve and retain designation of NCI designation status including: P30 pre-narrative tables on members' roles, shared resource utilization, publications, intra-institutional and inter-institutional collaborations and impact.
- Preparation of program-specific materials required for the P30, including the annual non-competitive renewal and competitive renewal documents, NCI supplement applications, External and Internal Advisory Committee meetings, and other materials as requested by the program leaders, LCCC Director, and/or Associate Director of Administration and Planning (ADAP).
- Additional duties as required by changes in NCI guidelines for research program best practice or as assigned.
These functions are performed in accordance with Georgetown University Medical Center's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.Work Interactions
This position reports to the Research Project Manager and indirectly to the Research Program Leader(s) of the assigned program at Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.Qualifications
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3+ years of work experience in research administration. Cancer center and academic medical center experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of grants management. NCI P30 experience preferred.
- Familiarity with NIH and NCI and other peer-review funding agencies
- Ability to extract data from multiple sources, including NIH Reporter, NIH PubMed, and other sources
- Knowledge of database development and management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly.
- Experience drafting executive-level materials and preparing and delivering information rapidly and effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively work with cross-functional team in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Pro, Google Applications
- Certified Research Administrator preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2323512
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency