Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
Digital Marketing Strategist
(Project Planner I)
Fuqua School of Business
A prospective student may have hundreds of digital touch points during their lifecycle. The Digital Strategist position will execute on all the intricate details that link those digital touchpoints in a variety of modern marketing campaigns stretching across multiple platforms.
The Digital Strategist must have wide knowledge of digital and other content delivery platforms. They have a creative yet methodical approach for re aching specific market targets by using different digital mediums. They understand people and how they interact with digital media. They know what ’s hot in the digital world before anyone else does and they closely follow trends related to how consumers are accessing information. They are deadline driven, organized and detail obsessed. They also work well across teams to coordinate all the pieces necessary for campaigns to function smoothly.
This position is a member of the Global Marketing team and reports to the Director of Digital Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps co-create digital marketing campaigns from inception to execution for targeted degree/non-degree program audience groups.
- Does the day- to-day management of our digital marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and others
- Works closely with our ad agency to create and optimize paid search campaigns, including keyword research, quality score management and bidding optimization.
- Aligns our SEO goals with our agency’s paid search tactics
- Optimizes our website search experience using our internal search tool
- Builds landing pages in our CMS, manages con version tests and optimizes the user experience.
- Maintains and optimizes our CRM-based lead nurture email campaigns
- Works closely with members of the Media team t o ensure alignment between content and function as copy is being developed - working within HTML email templates. sourcing proper images, aligning on character count, RFI forms, etc.)
- Works closely with members of the Campaigns team to ensure deadlines are being met and projects are staying on task Works closely with members of the Analytics team to optimize campaign performance and look for new marketing channel opportunities.
- Other duties as they emerge in an ever-evolving digital marketing landscape
Bachelor's degree. Additional training in Project Management or related training is desired.
Two years of experience in project management, with increasing scope and independence. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Thrives in a team environment and appreciates the differences others bring to the table
- Expertise in all digital marketing channels (SEO, SEM/PPC, Email, Social, Website, etc. .)
- Experience in the day-to-day production of campaigns
- Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools (including CRM and email) and best practice s
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: mature judgment, high ethical standards, willingness to learn and innovate, trustworthy, dependable
- Experience in higher education and business education a plus, but not required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.