First Application Review Date: May 26, 2021
Responsible for teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes within the Nursing discipline. Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods, day, evening, and weekend classes, and may be at multiple sites within the community (healthcare facilities). Must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a full-time eligible position.
A cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and references are required in addition to the application.
Salary Schedule Disclaimer:
Salary placement on the Faculty Salary Schedule is based on education and experience. See the Nursing Faculty Salary Schedule located on the CCC website for more information:https://www.coconino.edu/resources/files/pdfs/human-resources/FY21NursingFacultySalarySchedule.pdf (Download PDF reader)
The Human Resources Diversity Statement
The Human Resources Team commits to fostering a culture where each person, employee or not - feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive and empathetic way. We purposefully construct and nurture a focus upon community and inclusiveness. All lives matter regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ethnicity, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, age, immigration status, or location.
In HR, every experience matters, and it is our goal to make those experiences matter for you.
Title IX Disclaimer
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The goal of CCC is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link: https://www.coconino.edu/title-ix
Coconino Community College/CCC2NAU program is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) With students:
- Teaches 30 load hours per year in a professional manner in didactic, clinical, and skills/simulation lab modalities
- Provides advising outside of class time
- Maintains a minimum of five posted office hours per week
2) With colleagues:
- Adhere to a professional code of conduct and ethics
- Collaborate with other college employees as necessary and appropriate
- Attend nursing faculty meetings and participate in nursing projects
- Attend CTE division meetings
- Serve as an active member on two colleges committees
- Utilize chain of command to solve problems
- Coordinate clinical schedules for students
- Communicate with clinical sites regarding clinical schedules
- Collaborate with other nursing faculty to schedule skills and simulation labs
- Cooperates with supervisor on the department budget
- Makes recommendations regarding equipment purchases
- Makes recommendations regarding PT nursing faculty hiring
5) Assessment and Strategic Planning
- Promotes the mission, values, purposes, and Strategic Plan of the College and learning college philosophy
- Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of programs, including the assessment of student learning outcomes, as prescribed by department
- Develops new or revises existing curricula as needed, which may include College supported Articulation Task Force (ATF) participation
- Review and make recommendations for learning materials
7) Institutional Leadership
- Assists supervisor in the evaluation of part-time faculty as requested
- Participates in the operation and/or shared governance of the college through college committee assignments and faculty meetings
- Assists in the building of programs relevant to their discipline
- Serves as a professional role model for students and other faculty
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
7) Professional Development
- Remains current in assigned disciplines
- Maintain licenses and certifications
- Attends trainings as requested or needed
- Create and meet yearly goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to teach effectively, knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology. Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes and strategic plan of the College. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as FERPA. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment.
- Hold a current Arizona registered nurse license in good standing or multi-state privilege to practice in Arizona under A.R.S., Title 32, Chapter 15,
- at least two years of experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care, and
- a graduate degree with a major in nursing.