TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The primary purpose of the Professional Accountant is to provide assistance to the department, which includes: processing vouchers, managing all marketplace orders, requisitions, journal entries, travel reimbursements, refreshing internal budgets and being a business partner with Department Heads and Program Directors. The Professional Accountant will work with many types of funds which includes general funds (state appropriated and appropriated receipts), auxiliary and sales and services funds, and foundation and agency.
The Professional Accountant will also:Is Time Limited:
1) Update/Evaluate/Analyze (Minus Perm Payroll) – Internal Budgets; analysis and forecasting of expenditures
Purchase Orders & Requisitions for their assigned funds
2) REPORTER, Wolfware Outreach Moodle, and Credit Card Fees reconciliation
3) Journal Entries (Vouchers) for their assigned funds
4) Vendor Setup
5) Travel Authorization Approvals for assigned funds
6) MarketPlace Approvals for assigned funds
7) Independent Contractor Contract Review and Submission for their programs/assigned funds
8) Lead weekly/monthly/semi annual meetings with Departments Heads and Program Directors to review progress with spending plans and revenue/budget forecasts
9) Meet with AVP Business Operations to review progress and input in the monthly financial statements
10) Fiscal Year End Processes
11) March of each year, provide end of year spending plans to ensure we spend our funds as planned or have alternative plans to successfully close the fiscal year and support our programs
12) New FY Budget Development
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, NCClassification Title:
Temporary Executive AssistantWorking Title:
UTS - Temporary Professional Accountant at NC StateWork Schedule:
Up to 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8am-5pmMinimum Experience/Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of training and experience.Department Required Skills:
- Knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft Financials and HR systems, or similar system/software.Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets in an accounting/financial capacity.
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Effective time management and strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret university spending guidelines related to various funding sources
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- At lest 3 years experience using PeopleSoft Financials and HR systemsRequired License or Certification:
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or CPA
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$30.00 an hourJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.