TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers meaningful opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professional staff are available to provide on-the-job training and assistance so you become a successful member of the team.
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been following the Community Standards and will continue to do so as NC State plans for a normal fall 2021. More information can be found at the Protect the Pack website at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to Join our Pack as a Barista.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
• Prepare quality beverages, such as espresso based beverages, shakes, and smoothies, and other drinks, and food products consistently by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards while following all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines.
• Operate micros system (touch screen cash register) and accurately process transactions through the POS by following NC State Dining cash handling procedures.
• Perform necessary cleaning tasks in accordance with maintaining a Grade “A” Sanitation rating.
• Assist in receiving and stocking store merchandise.
• Assist with opening and closing duties of the unit as assigned by the supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty on the North Carolina State University Campus. NC State Dining operates 10 cafes, 3 food courts and 4 dining halls, 4 convenience stores, campus concessions, vending, a nutritional counseling service, and a catering department. The department employs approximately 1000 temporary and student employees and approximately 150 permanent EHRA and SHRA employees.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
NC State DiningClassification Title:
Varies depending on location. Varying shifts are available between the hours of 6:30 am - 11:00 pm. Shifts may rotate. Full and part time hours are available.Other Work/Responsibilities:
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.Minimum Experience/Education:
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalency. Department Required Skills:
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environmentPreferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
• Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
• Contribute to maintaining a Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Efficient cash handling and ability to count back correct change to the customer and run credit card and One Card transactions as required.
• Ability to adapt to the changing customer volume level with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operation and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• One year of high volume fast food experience.Required License or Certification:
• Previous cashier experience.
None.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$10.25Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit. NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.