TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced dining professionals are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full potential.
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been following the Community Standards and will continue to do so as NC State plans for a normal fall 2021. More information can be found at the Protect the Pack website at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
We are seeking individuals to Join our Pack as a Temporary Food Service Supervisor. Successful candidates will work in a high volume food service environment at either the Atrium Food Court or Talley Pavillions Food Court in the Talley Student Center on the campus of NC State University
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist with scheduling and staffing of assigned dining location.
• Lead and coach temporary staff members.
• Assist with opening and closing duties of the unit as assigned by the supervisor.
• May need to operate micros system (touch screen cash register) and accurately process transactions through the POS by following NC State Dining cash handling procedures.
• May assist with food preparation and cooking
• Assist in receiving and stocking store merchandise.
• Aid in other areas of the unit as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty on the North Carolina State University Campus. NC State Dining operates 10 cafes, 3 food courts and 4 dining halls, 4 convenience stores, campus concessions, vending, a nutritional counseling service, and a catering department. The department employs approximately 1000 temporary and student employees and approximately 150 permanent EHRA and SHRA employees.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
NC State DiningClassification Title:
Temporary-Skilled TradesWorking Title:
Retail Food Court SupervisorWork Schedule:
Full and Part time hours are available. Shifts may vary based on business needs.Other Work/Responsibilities:
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.Minimum Experience/Education:
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalency. Department Required Skills:
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• At least 1 year of experience in a similar capacity.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environmentPreferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
• Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
• Contribute to maintaining a Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellence in completing all tasks.
• Efficient cash handling and ability to count back correct change to the customer and run credit card and One Card transactions as required.
• Ability to adapt to the changing customer volume level with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Intermediate computer skills including the ability to learn new department specific software.
• This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operation and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Two years of experience working in a high volume restaurant/food service.Required License or Certification:
• Cashier and money handling experience.
• Serv Safe certification a plusValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$13.00 per hourJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.