TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
JOIN THE PACK!
The Division of Campus Enterprises offers meaningful opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professional staff are available to provide on-the-job training.
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been following the Community Standards and will continue to do so as NC State plans for a normal fall 2021. More information can be found at the Protect the Pack website at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
The primary purpose of this position is to clean and perform routine housekeeping duties in the NC State Student Centers. This position requires a high degree of flexibility to respond to and coordinate with the needs of clients, occupants, and requests. Communication with the team, others and supervisor is critical for success.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Use standard housekeeping equipment, tools and supplies to accomplish basic cleaning tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, dusting, disinfecting, and replenishing to complete assigned responsibilities and job tasks.
• Responsible for reporting discrepancies found within the building in addition to responding to emergencies and inclement weather.
• Complete assigned projects
• Inventory of assigned area
• Move and reset furniture
• Perform proper routine maintenance on all equipment.
• May be required to work during adverse weather conditions to participate in snow/ice removal under the direction of a supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Student Centers business needs are met.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s Division for Retail and Hospitality Services — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
NC State Student CentersClassification Title:
Facilities Enhancement Technician (Housekeeping)Work Schedule:
6AM-2:30PM,Times are Subject to change in JULY 2PM-10:30PM, Times are Subject to change in JULYOther Work/Responsibilities:
• Be an ambassador for NC State Student Centers and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.Minimum Experience/Education:
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.Department Required Skills:
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instruction and to preform medium to heavy physical work; or and equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Knowledge of cleaning procedures and best business practices in housekeeping industry.Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
• Ability to report discrepancies found within the assigned building in addition to responding to emergencies and inclement weather.
• Must be able to use standard housekeeping equipment such as vacuums, to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, general public, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to communicate effectively using university e-mail.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellence in completing all tasks.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs frequently and 90 lbs occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• At least one year of experience performing housekeeping duties in a university or commercial environment.Required License or Certification:
noneValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$10.00Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.