Classification Title / Rank:
Lecturer/Director of Wall FellowsDepartment:
Wall College of BusinessPosition Type:
PFAC - Slotted FacultyFull or Part Time:
9 mo.Does this position require driving?:
The E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration at Coastal Carolina University is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Wall Fellows Leadership Development Program. This position is at the rank of Lecturer, and is a 9-month appointment with additional administrative duties in the summer months.
The Wall Fellows Program is a uniquely designed, two-year program that prepares top students across all majors for high-level careers in major U.S. and international organizations. Students are chosen for the Wall Fellows Program through a rigorous application process in the second semester of their sophomore year. The program provides members one-on-one career and personal coaching along with internship and international travel experiences, in order to prepare them for their desired careers. More information about the program can be found at https://www.coastal.edu/wallfellows/.
The Director of Wall Fellows Program is responsible for full time leadership of the program which will include a broad range of developmental and promotional activities to include:
• Marketing and promotion of the program. This includes both internal and external efforts related to recruiting students, developing program partnerships, securing financial resources, and facilitating scholarship opportunities for students.
• Coordinating and administering the program’s development plan for the students including project work, developmental reading and review, mentoring with external executives and organizations, and organizing the national and international travel experiences.
• Designing and teaching the Leadership Development curriculum for both junior and senior Wall Fellow cohorts (2 courses each semester).
• Utilizing international and domestic industry contacts to design and implement international travel and global studies experiences.
• Managing service learning and community/campus service experiences; supporting of the activities of the university administration in on campus and community outreach programs.
• Soliciting, planning, and overseeing internships in either domestic or international organizations for all program members, as required by the program.
• Assisting in the placement of current Wall Fellow students and alumni in full time positions or graduate programs at program completion.
• Engaging the Wall Fellows alumni and Wall Fellows faculty committee in promoting the program on the university campus and in the community.
The Director will be a faculty member in the Wall College of Business. The teaching requirements will typically include nine (9) contact hours per semester, six (6) of which include the Wall Fellows curriculum, and may include face-to-face, online, or hybrid delivery. The Director position includes programmatic delivery and reporting over the summer months, in addition to the 9-month faculty appointment.
• A Master’s degree in Business or related field of study from an AACSB accredited program. Advanced relevant global professional industry experience may substitute for the academic experience at the discretion of the Dean.
• A seasoned business professional with a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience in senior level organizational and leadership development, career counseling and/or training skills.
The successful applicant will also have the following characteristics:
• Superior networking skills with contacts in a variety of industries and organizations with global reach is desired for sourcing and placement of internships and employment.
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to coach, counsel and assess participant needs and then create plans and educational opportunities designed to enhance performance.
• Classroom teaching experience a plus.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, minutes from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 46 states and 53 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and Ph.D. degrees in Marine Science and Education.
Accredited by AACSB International, the Wall College of Business serves more than 2000 graduate and undergraduate students, and has faculty members represented by six academic disciplines: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management. The Management and Decision Sciences department serves over 800 majors across six concentrations: General Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Human Resource Management, International Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management, and Organizational Leadership. The College also offers MBA and MAcc graduate programs. Regional outreach is accomplished through activities of the Center for Real Estate and Economics, the Clay Brittain Jr. Center for Resort Tourism, the Community and Business Engagement Institute, and others. Additional information about the College and the University and its programs can be obtained by accessing the college’s web site (http://www.coastal.edu/business).
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Interested candidates should electronically submit at http://jobs.coastal.edu: 1) a letter of application, 2) resume, 3) unofficial graduate transcripts, and 4) names and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.Required Qualifications:
A Master’s degree in Business or related field of study from an AACSB accredited program. Advanced relevant global professional industry experience may substitute for the academic experience at the discretion of the Dean. A seasoned business professional with a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated experience in senior level organizational and leadership development, career counseling and/or training skills.Preferred Qualifications:
Superior networking skills with contacts in a variety of industries and organizations with global reach is desired for sourcing and placement of internships and employment. Classroom teaching experience a plus.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent presentation and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to coach, counsel and assess participant needs and then create plans and educational opportunities designed to enhance performance.Posting Number:
F00208PNumber of Vacancies:
1Desired Start Date:
08/16/2021Job Open Date:
06/22/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: