Job location: Killeen TAMUCT Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-039083 Job Title
Visiting Assistant Lecturer - Computer Information SystemsAgency
Texas A&M University - Central TexasDepartment
College Of BusinessProposed Minimum Salary
Killeen, TexasJob Type
The College of Business Administration (COBA) at Texas A&M University-Central Texas (A&M-Central Texas) invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Lecturer of Computer Information Systems for the Fall 2021 semester. There is the possibility that the position could be renewed for another semester. The faculty member will teach a variety of undergraduate courses in programming, data communications, computer networking, database management, cybersecurity and other related areas in computer information systems as determined by department needs and individual qualifications. The teaching load will be four to five courses per semester depending on the number of different course preparations and qualifications. The faculty member will be expected to perform the duties regularly expected of a faculty member, including, but not limited to, meeting their courses as scheduled, holding regular office hours in accordance with COBA policy, attend COBA and department meetings, and submit syllabi and attendance verification on time.
- Earned M.S. in Information Systems / Computer Science or a closely related area.
- Must possess minimum Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission of Colleges (SACSCOC) credentialing standards, which normally includes a Master's degree with 18 graduate semester credit hours in the subject area taught or suitable appropriate justification.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate potential for effective teaching and appropriate research/professional engagement in the computer information systems field.
- Significant industry experience in the areas listed above
- Industry-recognized technical certifications
- Previous effective teaching experience, including online
- Doctoral degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or a closely related area is a plus
TERM: Fall semester - Contract date is officially September 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 with possibility of an extension.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.