UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Assistant Director of Annual GivingDepartment:
UNT-Advancement - Gen-170000Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
$44,100 - $48,000Department Summary:
The Division of Advancement pursues the mission to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university.
The division accomplishes this by establishing, and continuing, mutually beneficial relationships that result in donations of time and financial resources that support and empower the future leaders of our generations.Position Overview:
The Division of Advancement at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director for Annual Giving over Integrated Marketing to join their team.
Annual Giving at UNT is an integral part of the Development team. The Asst. Director will be responsible for implementing strategy, coordinating projects, creating or editing copy, and facilitating the direct marketing and e-marketing areas of the annual giving program. This position will also work collaboratively with the Phonathon department to integrate solicitations.
The position reports to the Sr. Director of Annual Giving.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of fundraising or ability to quickly assimilate.Preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Knowledge of fundraising and marketing principles.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the institution and with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm; some evenings and weekends required with extensive advanced notice.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Development Fundraising Assoco:
Collaborate with the Sr. Director of the Annual Fund on creation and implementation of an annual production schedule.o:
Development of Annual Fund Creatives.o:
Copy writing and editing.o:
Establishing and maintaining mail house communication flow.o:
Collaborate with research and data management staff to create solicitation codes and tracking systems.o:
Create annual giving reporting and analysis.o:
Special projects as assigned.Posting Number:
S2259PQuicklink for Posting: