Director of QEP & Writing Center
Division of Academic Affairs
Student Success Center
Vice President for Academic Affair / Director of the Success Center
Livingstone College seeks a Director of both the QEP and campus
Writing Center. This is a combined role/position. Under the direction of
the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the QEP Director provides
leadership and direction to faculty, staff, and students to facilitate
Livingstone College’s “Write for Life”: Improving Student Writing
through Writing in the Disciplines QEP with a focus on clarity,
coherence, and context. The QEP Director will ensure that
transformative learning takes place campus-wide as a result of
the institution’s new QEP initiative. The QEP Director is responsible for
monitoring the QEP’s progress and managing the documentation and
reporting requirements of the institution’s accrediting body, SACSCOC.
The QEP Director must have an uncanny ability to work with
administration, faculty, staff, and students to ensure the successful
implementation of the QEP.
The Writing Center is intimately tied to the success of the campus-wide
“Write for Life” QEP. Therefore, the Director of the Writing Center
directs the day-to-day management of the campus Writing Center in an
efficient manner providing tutoring services for academic writing to
students. The Director of the Writing Center works in concert with all
centers operating within Academic Support Services; provides training
for peer tutors assigned to the Writing Center specific to the needs of the
Writing Center; provide oversite for PLATO prescriptions/Language
Arts and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- The QEP Director will be responsible for promoting participation in the QEP throughout the college. Outreach, advertising, and marketing to encourage student, faculty, and staff participation with the QEP will be essential.
- The QEP Director will both coordinate and lead activities of the QEP Steering committee.
- The QEP Director will work closely with Department Chairs, Division Deans, Program Directors, and other staff members to ensure that appropriate activities, assessments, and high impact practices are being utilized as it pertains to QEP.
- The QEP Director will coordinate training for faculty and staff on how to successfully infuse the QEP into curriculum, as well as the programs and services offered on campus.
- The QEP Director will partner with the VPAA who also serves as the SACSCOC Liaison, to collect, analyze, and use results to implement improvements and increase program effectiveness.
- The Director of the Writing Center will develop standard policies and procedures for the Writing Center in concert with all centers in Academic Support Services.
- The Director of the Writing Center will meet regularly with the Chair of the Department of English to discuss issues pertinent to the unique writing requirements of the department.
- The Director of the Writing Center will meet regularly with other Directors of the Academic Support Services to develop assessment tools for tracking the Center’s use and efficacy.
- The Director of the Writing Center will report to the Success Center Director as required, including the quarterly Board of Trustees reports, annual reports, weekly and monthly reports.
- The Director of the Writing Center will train and supervise peer tutors.
- The Director of the Writing Center will track and report tutoring activity in regular end of semester reports.
- The Director of the Writing Center will serve as a learning community advisor, mentor, and Bridge Instructor (during the Summer).
- The Director of the Writing Center must maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with FERPA, by ensuring that offices and files are adequately secured on a daily basis.
What you will need to be successful!
- Ph.D. in English, Communications, Composition or Rhetoric or another closely related field preferred. Master’s degree will be considered.
- Must have excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching composition courses.
- Experience using Blackboard and PLATO preferred.
- Must be knowledge of and comfortable using technology to assist students in writing.
- Experience training and supervising peer tutors.
- Experience in Writing Center evaluation and assessment preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Must be an experienced leader who has a proven track record of getting high quality results.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and work effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, and students.
- Must possess the ability to act in a professional and ethical manner in dealings with colleagues and administrators.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private historically black college that is secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, academic excellence, and student success. Through a Christian-based environment suitable for holistic learning, Livingstone provides excellent business, liberal arts, STEAM, teacher education, and workforce development programs for students from all ethnic backgrounds designed to promote lifelong learning and to develop student potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.