About SUNY Orange:
Orange County Community College (SUNY Orange), located in the scenic Hudson Valley, is a multi-campus College with locations in the cities of Middletown and Newburgh, NY. We proudly claim the distinction of being the first county-sponsored New York State Community College. And, for over 70 years, SUNY Orange has been the primary workforce provider and educational resource for residents of Orange County and neighboring counties.
Our students come from all walks of life and are committed to their education and career development. Our graduates speak highly of a curriculum that challenges them and prepares them upon graduation to be competitive and successful if they are directly entering the workforce or to thrive when they transfer to four-year institutions. SUNY Orange values diversity, has been certified as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HIS) and has been named a Military Friendly college.
The College seeks dynamic individuals eager to engage in thoughtful, energetic and impactful leadership, and to help shape the future of a College that is respected within its community. If you desire the opportunity to mold the members of our diverse student body into the accomplished professionals and leaders they wish to become, crave an administrative atmosphere where creativity and forward-thinking ideas are welcomed, and are willing to roll up your sleeves to make it all happen, we encourage you to consider joining our College community.
The primary purpose of the IT Business Analyst is to be the link between the College's end users, department leadership, and the ITS department. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing data to inform business decisions and finding technological solutions to business needs, enhancing the quality of IT products and services, among other duties. The IT Business Analyst additionally provides technical support for the College's Banner administrative software system and other connected systems.
The IT Business Analyst will act as a mediator between the College's business and technology, analyze business needs and goals and propose novel solutions in order to improve the overall quality of services and business processes. The IT Business Analyst additionally develops and monitors data quality metrics, ensuring to meet business data and reporting needs. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits. The IT Business Analyst will play a critical role in participating in or leading requirements definition, data analysis, data modeling, and data integration from disparate data sources, reports creations and deployment and database cleansing efforts. The IT Business Analyst will work with the College community data owners on reporting as it relates to these areas.
The IT Business Analyst may serve the role of a project manager and may perform technical work to support the operations of the Information Services division of the Information Technology Services department.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree or higher in Management of Information Systems or related field
Experience Required: Experience with an Enterprise Information System (ERP) or Student Information System (Ellucian Banner preferred); experience with business process analysis, experience delivering working IT business solutions based on goals and needs. Experience with requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation. Experience with application design, implementation and development.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Improvement and re-engineering experience in a higher education setting
- Community College experience.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills with the ability to discern the "Big Picture".
- CBAP Certification (Certified Business Analysis Professional).
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication, leadership and facilitation skills.
- Experience with software development methodologies.
- Ability to learn and understand complex topics.
- Knowledge of BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation).
- Knowledge of SQL and Pl/SQL.
- Knowledge of the Linux command line.
- Interest in data storytelling through qualitative and quantitative data analytics
- Foundational Excel and Power Point skills
- Demonstrated experience in data management and business process analysis is a plus
- Ability to create reports, Cognos experience preferred
- Perform well under pressure, within time constraints, with a high degree of accuracy, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to coordinate workflow while dealing with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to present complex information and data in coherent fashion
- Must be able to travel between the college's two campuses and other sites.
- Bilingual Skills.
Deadline for Applying: Review of resumes will begin on July 6, 2021 and the position will remain open until filled.
Position begins ASAP
Salary: Staff & Chair, Grade 40 with a salary range of $45,220 - 59,915 per annum
SUNY Orange offers a very competitive benefits package which includes excellent low cost health insurance as well as a generous leave policy.
Orange County Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education. Inquiries regarding this non-discrimination policy may be directed to: Iris Martinez-Davis, Civil Rights Compliance Officer, 115 South Street, Middletown NY 10940, (845) 341-4662, [email protected].
Please apply online at http://occc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=132401
Create a SUNY Orange Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover Letter
- References: Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
- Orange County Community College values a diverse and inclusive community. Please include in your cover letter an answer to the following questions:
- How has diversity and inclusion played a part in your career?
- How would you bring that insight into your position at the college?
After submitting your resume the subsequent pages will enable you to upload the additional documents.
Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
All applicants must have the legal right to accept employment in the United States. SUNY Orange does not support visa applications.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation.