Administrative Services Technician
$46,520.00 - $57,214.00 Annually
Fresno City College, CA
FCC Administrative Services
7/14/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, performs responsible and moderately complex technical and administrative duties in support of the college's Administrative Services department; responsible for the preparation, review, tracking, monitoring, and maintenance of position requisitions, employee records, position records, payroll documents, and personnel action forms for all student workers and exempt hourly employees at the college; reviews and ensures the accuracy and completion of new-hire paperwork and other pre-employment requirements for student workers and exempt hourly employees; and performs related duties as assigned. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Leads, coordinates and performs a variety of duties involving the college's requisition process for new-hire student workers and exempt hourly employees; provides training, guidance and information to managers and employees on the process; reviews and ensures new hire packets, documents and pre-employment requirements are complete and accurate; meets with new-hire student workers and exempt hourly employees to go over pre-employment documents and requirements and college procedures; verifies appropriate position information and approves requisitions.
- Performs variety of detailed and technical duties to assist in preparing monthly payroll for student workers and exempt hourly employees; collects, reviews, verifies, audits, organizes and inputs into time capture system; communicates with managers and employees on discrepancies; ensures the accuracy and timely submission of absence slips, time sheets and other documents to District Payroll for processing.
- Performs a variety of technical duties involving personnel transactions and records maintenance for student workers and exempt hourly employees; provides training, guidance and information to managers and employees on the process; prepares and tracks personnel action forms on actions such as position changes, budget changes, department changes, supervisor changes, and terminations; verifies: employee identification number, name, hourly rate, budget number, position number, job title, enrolled units and other pertinent information; forwards to appropriate personnel for signature and approval; ensures all personnel action forms are submitted timely to District Human Resources and Payroll for processing.
- Creates, updates and maintains records for student and exempt hourly employees; maintains recruitment, selection, onboarding and other records; enters and updates personnel transaction information into the District's HRIS system;
- Manages the non-bargaining unit timekeeping system for all student workers and exempt hourly employees at the college; provides training, guidance and information to managers and employees; sets up for employee and manager use; updates changes and monitors approvals; reviews information entered and prepares data and reports for uploading to the payroll system; verifies and enters timesheet information for supplemental payroll; runs reports and balances hours entered; identifies and works with appropriate departments and/or managers to resolve time reporting, position number and other discrepancies.
- Serves as an information resource on human resources and payroll procedures and processes for student workers and exempt employees; explains basic payroll policies and procedures, legal requirements, sick leave plan provisions; provides accurate and timely information and assistance to internal and external customers including administration, employees, and the public; researches and handles daily inquiries from employees on a wide array of technical matters related to human resources and payroll; assists departments in analyzing and resolving human resources and payroll issues in consultation with Human Resources, Personnel Commission and Payroll departments; refers employees to other appropriate resources as necessary.
- Creates, maintains and updates specialized and custom forms, databases, logs, files, records and reports; designs, develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases requiring data interpretation and manipulation; develops recommendations to improve department processes and procedures.
- Prepares and conducts procedural training sessions and other presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Works closely with the appropriate parties to research and resolve problems and issues of assigned areas of responsibility.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge of:
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Methods, procedures, best practices, documents and terminology used in timekeeping, payroll preparation, personnel action changes, requisition tracking, and recordkeeping.
- Federal and state laws, regulations, Education Code, Board policies, District human resources policies, Personnel Commission rules, administrative regulations, collective bargaining agreements, procedures and practices pertinent to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Modern office practices and equipment including computers, and use of applicable software programs and proprietary software such as the District's HRIS and requisition tracking systems.
- Methods and practices of public personnel administration and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including the California Education Code.
- Operations, services and activities of a community college district.
- Federal Privacy Act regulations regarding the release of private employee and student information.
- Customer service practices and etiquette.
- Research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Recordkeeping and filing practices and procedures.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication including English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the assignment.
- Carry out work independently, ensuring a high degree of accuracy in accordance with various deadlines and changing priorities, while ensuring excellence in customer service.
- Collect, obtain, evaluate and explain basic human resources and payroll information correctly and explain information accurately and precisely.
- Understand, explain and apply federal and state laws, regulations, Education Code, Board policies, District human resources policies, Personnel Commission rules, administrative regulations, collective bargaining agreements, procedures and practices pertinent to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepare, review and maintain confidentiality, accuracy and completion of various types of files and records.
- Compose clear, concise and comprehensive analyses, correspondence, reports, studies, agreements, presentations and other written materials from brief instructions.
- Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Perform mathematical calculations; assist in monitoring expenditures for a program or department budget.
- Exercise a high degree of tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential personnel issues and employee situations.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including in public settings.
- Prepare and present periodic training sessions as directed.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Track statistical information utilizing complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and two years of full-time administrative support experience involving personnel transactions; or an equivalent combination of training and experience LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.?Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime. Assessment Process
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONTo move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd
. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS. When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.The assessment process will also include a competency assessment (40% weight) and an oral interview assessment (60% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the 10 highest scoring candidates, plus ties, will be invited to the oral interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section. INITIAL ASSESSMENT TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR JULY 30, 2021
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.ELIGIBILITY LISTCandidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on a district wide Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. Unless otherwise indicated, the eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification for at least six months.
The current vacancy is at Fresno City College. PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENTACCOMMODATIONS
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process. State Center Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3125254/administrative-services-technician
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency