: Center for Civic EngagementLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 22, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 08125Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: $55,000 - $57,000
The Community Engagement Outreach and Assessment Specialist works on a team with the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) and Student Affairs Assessment and Solutions for Engagement (SAASE) office to promote community engagement activities and to help grow utilization of the campus community engagement tracking and assessment platform. This position begins at a crucial time for the University, as it is implementing a new software to aid in tracking as well as embarking on enhancing community engagement efforts within the context of the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification program. The Community Engagement Outreach and Assessment Specialist is the campus expert on using the software, training others to use the software, and promotion/outreach about the software. They will promote a variety of community engagement resources and encourage collaboration across disciplines and divisions. The Community Engagement Outreach and Assessment Specialist works with a diverse mix of academic departments, campus offices/centers and student organizations across the University with the goal of using technology to help faculty, students and staff connect to each other and to community engagement opportunities, as well as tracking community engagement data used in order to improve practice.
- Cultivate strong partnerships and networks with academic departments, campus offices/centers, and engagement-oriented student organizations in order to increase participation in and reporting of community engagement activities
- Promote the new community engagement (Collaboratory) platform to multiple constituencies including academic departments, campus offices/centers, and university leadership
- Plan and implement training and outreach for Collaboratory
- Promote the B-Engaged Service Module platform to students and student organizations
- Work with campus partners to increase utilization & value of each of these tools. Help campus partners and students learn ways the tool can help them reach their goals while also strengthening the data in the system
- Collaborate with campus partners, staff, and the vendor to help troubleshoot, setup, & optimize platform capabilities
- Guide technical and non-technical end users on how to utilize the software
- Work with campus IT & vendor for successful system integration with campus systems & processes (e.g. single sign-on campus data security protocols)
- Participate in outreach to campus partners to obtain data/information that can be imported into the product
- Produce annual reports using the Collaboratory and B-Engaged tools to help inform campus decision making, strategic planning efforts, and contribute to the University's application to the Community Engagement designation via the Carnegie Foundation
- Promote CCE programs and other community engagement resources at the University and in the community and encourage interdisciplinary collaboration on projects, as well as proper reporting and assessment of activities
- In addition to the Carnegie Engagement Classification, identify potential national/international recognitions and awards for faculty members, CCE, and Binghamton University based on accomplishments in community engagement; work with CCE's assistant director for communication to develop and submit applications
- Supervise student staff as needed
- Master's degree in a related field
- Minimum 1-3 years professional experience in a related field
- In-depth understanding of and dedication to community & civic engagement
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationship with faculty, students, staff, and community partners
- Experience with implementation and support of software applications
- Experience with developing communications strategies for large and diverse constituencies
- Ability to effectively design and deliver presentations and training courses, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to communicate and network with a wide range of audiences (faculty, staff, students) effectively to adequately train and promote the effective use of online engagement tool
- Ability to analyze and use data in order to enhance practice
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, while delivering quality results
- Ability to work well with a diverse faculty and student population
- Ability to think critically
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze and translate community engagement data in order to strength the culture of engagement on campus and in the community
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 07/07/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.