Job no: 493773
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Burlington, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
Role: Emergency Services Laboratory Instructor
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person;students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the colleges mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet departmental needs.
Rate of Pay:
Resource person to students in the Emergency Services skills laboratory.
Required Knowledge, Skills &; Abilities:
1. Current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Paramedic License
2. Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF) of Advanced Technician Firefighter (ATF) certification
Desired Knowledge, Skills &; Abilities:
1. Current American Heart Association (AHA) instructor certification
2. Experience as a firefighter-paramedic or equivalent
3. Good standing with regional EMS system
1. Act as resource person to students in emergency service laboratory classrooms.
2. Provide and/or prepare locations for students to perform emergency service practical skill drill exercises.
3. Assist students to obtain proficiency in performing emergency service practical skill drill exercises.
4. Evaluate students performance of emergency service practical skill exercises via on-campus validations and simulations.
5. Submit completed evaluation forms to faculty.
Other duties as assigned that pertain to the job description.
Medium (up to 50 lbs. occasionally or 30 lbs frequently or 10 lbs constantly)
Visual Acuity (arm's length)
Typical office or administrative, Outdoor weather, \;Wet or Humid conditions (non-weather related), \;Extreme cold (below 32 degrees for more than one hour). \;Extreme heat (above 100 degrees for more than one hour), \;Hazards, \;Fumes or airborne particles
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: June 21, 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled