Systems AdministratorPosting Number:
20110351Key Responsibilities :
Within the Campus Network & Security (CNS) department, the Systems Administrator leverages best practices to provide modern, secure and reliable access to systems which support the academic and administrative operations of the College. This person is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of systems and applications within a mixed computing environment. The Systems Administrator must work collaboratively within the Campus Technology Services organization and have well-developed customer service and communication skills.
It is the responsibility of all Juniata employees to be a part of a productive team and to model the qualities found in our Leadership Philosophy.
- Configure, install, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot Windows, MacOS and Linux systems, as well as their corresponding applications.
- Secure systems and corresponding applications via hardening, permissions, patching, vulnerability remediation and upgrades.
- Maintain Microsoft Active Directory domain and related services.
- Create, modify, audit, and delete local, domain and application-specific accounts throughout their lifecycle.
- Serve on the IT Security Team and contribute to its goals.
- Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery planning as it relates to technology.
- Plan, create, maintain and monitor system backups.
- Research and evaluate new server and technology solutions.
- Work closely with the Technology Solutions Center Help Desk to troubleshoot system-related issues and provide timely responses to customer requests.
- Create technical documentation for systems, policies, and procedures, as well as training documentation for technology workshops and seminars.
- Contribute to the development, planning, and implementation of departmental long-term strategic goals.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a degree in a technology-related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Several years of demonstrated experience installing and managing mission-critical systems and applications.
Experience managing a modern Windows domain is required.
Experience managing Windows, MacOS and Linux server operating systems is required.
Experience with enterprise storage and file sharing solutions is required.
Experience with mainstream server virtualization and cloud computing platforms and their management tools is required.
Demonstrated knowledge of IT security, backup operations, and disaster recovery concepts is required.
Knowledge of networking protocols is required.
Experience with Microsoft 365 (M365) is strongly preferred.
Experience with server administration tools, scripting, and automation tools is strongly preferred.
Experience with web servers and SQL server applications is preferred.
Security+ Certification (or similar) and familiarity with NIST 800-171 is preferred.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Must have well-developed customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally to technical and non-technical audiences.
Must have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity due to the level of system access required for this position.
Must agree to and pass a background check.Supervision Required/Given:
This position is supervised by the Director of Campus Network & Security (CNS) under general guidelines and direction. This person must work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.Physical Demands:
After hours and on-call support is required for emergencies and planned maintenance intervals.
The position is primarily sedentary in a climate-controlled office with little exposure to environmental hazards; however, due to the campus environment there will be a need to go from building to building for meetings, specialized department needs, and assisting with equipment relocation and wiring projects.
The position may require lifting/pushing/carrying objects of at least 40 pounds.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…Open Date:
06/10/2021Open Until Filled: