Coordinator of New Student OnboardingDepartment:
Student DevelopmentWork Location:
Under the general direction and supervision of the Assistant Dean of Academic Advising and New Student Orientation, the Coordinator of New Student Onboarding is responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of processes and procedures related to orientation and onboarding of new students. Typical duties include: overseeing New Student Orientation sessions and appointments, supervising Orientation Leaders (student employees), coordinating with faculty Academic Advisors and Counselors, collaborating with staff across the college to support new students, managing the online New Student Orientation platform, collaborating on the effective use of Orientation-related tools and software applications, communicating to new students in the onboarding pipeline, utilizing data to maximize successful completion of New Student Orientation and new student enrollment, coordinating annual updates to materials and supplies orders, and supporting other subdivision and college enrollment and retention efforts. The Coordinator of New Student Onboarding approaches their work through high levels of successful collaboration and communication. The Coordinator of New Student Onboarding is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.Education/Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in education or a related field is required; master’s degree in higher education, college student personnel or related is preferred. A minimum of 3 years of higher education experience is required, with a preference for community college experience. At least 2 years of experience coordinating orientation programming and 1 year of supervisory experience in a college or university is required.Qualifications:
• A strong record of direct leadership with orientation programming at a college or university.Position Status:
• Knowledge and experience of different models of orientation and new student onboarding; preferring experience collaborating with faculty academic advisors and/or counselors during orientation programming.
• Strong collaborative leadership skills combined with high energy and enthusiasm.
• Exceptional public presentation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A commitment to providing quality services that support new students.
• In response to the extremely diverse community Moraine Valley serves, the Coordinator of New Student Onboarding must have a demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity, and inclusion in previous work.
• Knowledge and experience using technology, including a student information system, to serve students.
• Working understanding of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, and experience balancing student rights and parental requests for involvement.
• Ability to analyze data and reports to make data-driven decisions in support of student success. The college has invested significant resources in data-informed decision-making, and the Coordinator of New Student Onboarding will need advanced skills in utilizing data sets, data dashboards, and analysis tools to make decisions.
Monday – FridayMinimum Starting Rate:
8:00 am to 5:15 pm
SalariedReview of Applications Begins:
03/24/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online.