Director of Football Video OperationsPosition Number :
002138Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
ATH FootballDepartment Homepage :
www.ecupirates.comAdvertising Department :
AthleticsClassification Title :
CoordinatorWorking Title :
Director of Football Video OperationsNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Non-FacultyJob Category :
Non-Faculty Instructional & ResearchOrganizational Unit Overview:
The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes’ academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.Job Duties :
Reporting to the Director of Football Administration, the individual in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:Minimum Education/Experience :
- Videotaping of all practices and home/away games and additional football related events.
- Providing video needs for game analysis, scouting, and instructional training purposes.
- Editing and breakdown of practice and game videos to coaching staff specifications (i.e. separation of offense and defense possessions, assigning data to each play, etc.)
- Fully utilizing capabilities of DV Sport and or XOS/Catapult and other applicable software to produce video needs.
- Ensuring that all video equipment is properly maintained, repaired, and functioning.
- Transporting, and setting up properly, equipment for practice and game day needs, including properly running cables and ensuring safety of the public and student-athletes during game day and practice sessions.
- Visualizing, interpreting, and scripting to produce highlight/recruiting videos using innovative production and graphic techniques.
- Organizing non-conference and conference film exchange in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Training, hiring, mentoring, and scheduling of student/part-time video assistants.
- Working closely with the head football coach and staff including attending weekly staff meetings, travel with the team, and attending all football related events.
- Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
- Building quality relationships and working collaboratively and professionally with Athletics, Pirate Club, and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders .
- Abiding by all policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations
– Performing other duties as assigned
— Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience with DV Sport video software and equipment.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
- Technical knowledge and skill in the use of video technology and equipment including digital editing, production and post-production editing, graphics, and photo software.
- Understanding of the sport of football and football terminology in order to video tape and edit correct footage and game situations.
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
- Masters degree preferred.Special Instructions to Applicant :
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
06/22/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
06/29/2021Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.