Program AssistantPosition Number:
00004692Working Position Title:
Compliance SpecialistPosting Type:
Ethics and CompliancePrimary Function:
The Compliance Specialist will be responsible for various compliance functions with the Ethics and Compliance Office.Duties and Responsibilities (generally):
Reporting to the Ethics and Compliance Officer, the Compliance Specialist coordinates the day-to-day responsibility of the university’s records retention program in compliance with the State Records Act by guiding the creation, maintenance, storage, retrieval, retention and disposition of physical and electronic records. This position also provides general administrative support for the Ethics and Compliance Office. This role will coordinate closely with Academic Affairs, Human Resource Services, Internal Audit, Office of General Counsel, the University Archivist, Division of Information Technology, and Enrollment Management and Marketing Communications in carrying out the duties of the position. The Specialist must have strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.Minimum Required Qualifications for this position:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to library science, legal studies, public administration, communications, or other related field.
2. Three years experiences in regulatory environment.
3. Demonstrated experience with advanced Microsoft applications, databases, and web publishing.
4. Demonstrated professional experience working independently or in teams to manage projects and includes deadlines.Education and Experience Preferred:
-Master’s Degree in related field.
-Experience in higher education setting.
-Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation or at least three (3) years’ managing a records management program.
-Excellent communication skills, including experience in writing and editing policy documents, and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization.
-Excellent attention to detail.Working Hours:
8:00 am to 4:30 pmMinimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly):
$3,000Hiring Rate Information:
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.Posting Date:
07/06/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Link to Department Homepage:
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from [email protected] and [email protected]. Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- Once this position has been filled, all names will be removed from the employment register in accordance with State Universities Civil Service System rule 250.60(h)(10).
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- Click on Program Assistant for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services – Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Ethics and ComplianceEEO Statement:
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX CoordinatorIs Background Check Required:
Health Services 230
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.ADA Accommodation:
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education (AAEOE) at [email protected].Clery Act Information:
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.Quick Link: