University Innovation Fellows Program Manager
School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
The d.school at Stanford:
At the Stanford d.school, students and faculty from across the University come together to solve problems in a human-centered and creative way. A strategic initiative of the School of Engineering, the d.school is an exceptional innovation and collaboration space at Stanford and is a thought leader and a pioneering model for design and education programs across the world.The University Innovation Fellows Program
The University Innovation Fellows program empowers students and faculty to become agents of change at their schools. The Fellows are a global community leading a movement to ensure that all students gain the attitudes, skills and knowledge required to compete in the economy of the future and address complex global challenges. Faculty in our program attend our Teaching and Learning Studio workshop and University Leaders share best practices in fostering an innovation movement at their schools. A new, donor-funded initiative is helping us expand access to our offerings to 60 US-based Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) over the next three years.This program is managed by a distributed team of five members, spanning three time zones and, to date, has reached over 270 schools, close to 2500 students, and 600 faculty since 2012. Your responsibilities Include:
- Lead the program's ambitious expansion efforts.
- Lead outreach efforts, while also managing communities of students, faculty and HBCU administrative leaders.
- Strategize while rolling up their sleeves to work on operational details as well.
- Create community opportunities and engage with HBCU stakeholders, both online and in person. Build and maintain rapport with senior leadership at HBCUs and students alike.
- Create and implement a recruiting strategy; research and identify faculty, staff, student partners at HBCUs.
- First point-of-contact for students and faculty, managing the registration, acceptance and logistics communication process for events, answering questions via email, obtaining and processing information from attendees from a range of countries, as well as acting as an on-site point-of-contact for attendees.
- Illuminate stories from students and faculty using social media and other grassroots methods to foster engagement.
- Organize and lead application tracking and review.
- Support students during their online training in a variety of ways, including through communications, triaging questions and ensuring access to mentorship.
- Maintain contact information and communication plans for all HBCU partners.
- Own a variety of financial processes to support program work including processing credit card transactions, vendor payment setup, stipend payments, honorariums and purchase orders; issue invoices, receipts, wire instructions and refunds as needed.
- Learn from initial execution and rapidly iterate to enhance the user experience.
- Participate as a full member of the University Innovation Fellows team by taking part in regular team meetings and proactively communicating and collaborating with team members and other collaborators.
This role is an exciting combination of detail-oriented work and interaction with stakeholders and collaborators, in a fast-paced, effervescent environment. Our ideal candidate is ready to thrive in a creative and dynamic place where no two days are alike, and to be part of a supportive and empowering team.To be successful in this position, you will bring:
How to Apply
- Bachelor's Degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of educations, training, and relevant experience.
- A learner's mindset: you'll be finetuning our offering, alongside your teammates -- taking in what's working and what's not; imagining new ideas; iterating; and proactively bringing creative solutions to life.
- The right candidate will have a comfort working through the ambiguity of designing something new, with a bias to action that is essential to getting a new project off the ground.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated success in following through are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Given this is a distributed team, demonstrated experience with shared workspace and cloud-based applications are essential, including Google Docs (text, spreadsheets, slides, and forms), Google Drive and Mural. Our future teammate shouldn't just be comfortable with Zoom, but see remote videoconferencing as a strategic medium for creating connections, hosting events and supporting a thriving distributed network.
- Fluency in Salesforce is a plus.
Does this role sound interesting to you? If so, we cannot wait to meet you and explore this opportunity for you to join our small but mighty team.
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your relevant background, provide examples of your experience with attention to relationship development, team work, and decision-making. Most importantly, tell us why you want to join our team, and this project in particular.
The d.school is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of learners, teachers, and doers. As such, people with personal or professional experience as part of communities of color and underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency