Overview and Responsibilities
The Audio Visual Network Technician is responsible for the support of CVTC’s classroom and conference room technologies. This position reports to the Network and Infrastructure Manager and is responsible for providing a high level of quality customer service related to CVTC events.
- Maintainin, troubleshoot, and install class and conference room audio and video technologies.
- Administration of enterprise network integrated audio visual technology.
- Install hardware necessary for mounting displays, screens, and projectors.
- Run data and audio/visual cabling.
- Work with faculty, staff, and management to ensure necessary resources are available and operating for all classes, workforce solutions seminars, and external groups.
- Design and support video conferencing solutions.
- Deploy and troubleshoot Extron or Creston room control systems.
- Support audio visual needs associated with events hosted at CVTC.
- Execute on tactical and strategic guidance from the Senior Audio Visual Specialist.
- Utilize service desk processes and procedures to facilitate communication to users and timely resolution of technical issues.
- Manage incoming work within an enterprise ticketing system.
- Provide technical support and customer service both in person and remotely for CVTC employees, students, and guests.
- Assist in client server troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot physical AV and data network connectivity issues.
- Configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP and DNS.
- Use endpoint and network monitoring intelligence to assist in root cause analysis.
- Gather and intepret logs from applications, infrastructure, and endpoints related to AV solutions.
- Ensure copyright law compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems, Office365 products, and Microsoft applications.
- Maintain holistic knowledge of enterprise solutions by working closely with senior IT staff.
- Must have an understandng of the OSI model.
- Knowledge of network routing and switching concepts.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Advanced knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to travel to all CVTC campuses as needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field; or equivalent (e.g., two years of college-level coursework in a related field).
- Minimum of two years of related experience (e.g., computer installation, support, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or repair).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; includes meeting all requirements as indicated by CVTC’s insurance carrier.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711