Job location: Winston Salem, NC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
This position is a 1-year position that will assist the Sports Nutrition Department in program development and will serve as the lead dietitian for specified sports providing nutrition services and support to our student-
athletes. These individuals, under the supervision of the Director of Sports Nutrition and Assistant Sports Dietitian, will serve as the main contact, resource, and liaison to execute date-to-day nutrition operations for
their specified teams as well as provide the nutrition education, counseling, game day nutrition for their teams.Job Description
Primary Job Responsibilities:
● Optimize all aspects of nutrition related to student-athlete team practices and strength and conditioning sessions.
● Assessment and counseling of student-athletes on optimal nutritional practices for exercise training, competition, recovery from practice, recovery from injury and illness, weight management, hydration supplementation and legal use of dietary supplements, regularly banned drugs and restricted substances in compliance with sport governing bodies
● Identify and advise on medical-related nutrition concerns such as anemia, disordered eating, diabetes, bone mineral disturbances, amenorrhea, hypertension, GI concerns, food allergies and intolerances, and other medical conditions
● Develop and facilitation of team nutrition education sessions
● Facilitate the preparation and delivery of pre- and post-practice nutritional needs, recovery shakes, meals and nutritional needs for their team
● Management of the operations of specified team nutrition. This includes product inventory, ordering, receiving, distribution of goods
● Forecast weekly needs for locker room fueling stations
● Develop and design educational materials and manuals using Canva, powerpoint, or publisher
● Perform grocery store tours with athletes
● Participate in the recruitment process to provide prospective student-athletes and family members with a comprehensive overview of performance nutrition services for sports
● Perform and interpret results of nutrition and body composition assessments
● Ability to travel with team for games and assist in all travel nutrition-related needs including but not limited to snack bags, performance menus for the hotel, game time fueling set up, halftime fueling, post-game meals
● Meal plan and menu plan development. This includes but is not limited to: pre- and post-practice snacks, catered snacks, grab n go snacks, pre- and post-game meals
● Maintain a consistent presence at primary sports throughout the week by participating and/or attending staff meetings, team meals, conducting weigh-ins, and any nutritional and hydration needs for practice (pre-fuel, refuel, personalized hydration plans, etc)
● Provide consistent communication to the coaching staffs, director of operations, strength and conditioning staffs, sports medicine staffs, team physicians, and department psychologists regarding sports nutrition and performance related issues and communicate appropriately to Director
● Document nutrition services provided and evaluate the effectiveness of nutrition strategies towards meeting desired outcomes
● Research, evaluation, education, recommendation, and provision of permissible dietary supplements, as needed/appropriate
● Assist in the management of student volunteers/student workers that work in the CMNZ (main fueling station)
● Other responsibilities and team assignments as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition and/or Assistant Sports Dietitian
Required Professional Skills and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or related field
● Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
● Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) in the state of North Carolina within 3 months of hire; required temporary license within 30 days to practice per state law
● Minimum 1 year of experience
● Proven ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner
● Excellent time and priority management, organizational, and record-keeping skills
● Ability to work a non-standard work-week which may include early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, non-traditional work hours, and overnight travel as needed
● Knowledge of food service quality and safety procedures
● Ability to uphold the core values of the athletics department in all aspect of work and operate in an ethical manner
● Ability to gain and maintain a working knowledge of rules and regulations of the Wake Forest University, ACC Conference, NCAA and United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) regarding nutritional supplements, banned drugs and restricted substances
● Ability and willingness to comply with disclosure regulations relative to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
● Master’s degree in sports nutrition, exercise physiology, sports psychology or other health related field
● Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) within 1st year of hire
● Working knowledge of ACC conference, NCAA, and USADA rules and regulations
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Benefits: This is a year-long hourly paid position. Pay is provided based on a 40-hour work week and received bimonthly. Additional benefits include: Gear provided by sports teams and nutrition department and some meals. The position does not provide additional benefits such as health or dental insurance.
● Please submit all materials required to the Wake Forest job application website. Materials include: cover letter, resume, and professional references.
● Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. Emailed, mailed or faxed materials will not be accepted.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type Requirement
Part timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.