MANAGER, LIBRARIES STUDENT EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM, University Libraries Tracking Code5287 Job Description
Boston University Libraries seeks applications and nominations for the position of manager of the Libraries’ student employment program (MLSEP). Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Data and Operations, the MLSEP leads Boston University Libraries’ student employment program, which hires as many as 300 students per academic year. This program sustains the Libraries’ year-round onsite and digital operations, providing opportunities for students to build meaningful workplace skills and introducing students across various academic fields to careers in library and information science. The MLSEP helps the Libraries’ system foster the creativity and curiosity of students to design and improve our services, spaces, or digital experiences.
The Libraries’ Student Employment Program (LSEP) advances the first of the Libraries’ three strategic priorities: developing talent to create a diverse, innovative, world-class library workforce prepared to meet, exceed, and anticipate the needs of the University.
Therefore, we are looking for a professional with experience working closely with, advising, recruiting, or managing students and a record of strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills within a non-profit setting. The professional who earns this position will be a leader in delivering a high-quality student experience and developing best practices at all stages of the student talent life cycle: from recruitment to onboarding, development, and offboarding. Please read the full position profile.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, retirement, tuition remission and more!
For this role, Boston University Libraries seek a person with the following qualifications:
- A completed graduate degree from an accredited United States research university;
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with, managing, recruiting, or advising students;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Demonstrated experience managing a project for a department, team, or committee;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work, learn independently, and respond to changing needs;
- Willingness to learn and grow;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Proactive work demeanor; and
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion.
Please include a cover letter to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular