Senior Associate Director of Human Resources, Training and DevelopmentReports To and Evaluated by:
Chief Financial OfficerRequired Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations, business administration, PHR, SHRM – CP, or a related field with seven (7) years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential tasks of the job. Knowledge and ability to assist with the administration of all aspects of union environments, including word processing and all data entry including budget, scheduling, special projects, spreadsheets and other computer applications. Knowledge of legal procedures required for an equal opportunity process. Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws as they relate to employment and employee issues. Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution. Good oral and written skills.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and truth.Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s degree, SPHR, SHRM-SCP and experience in related field. Experience with union environment. Ability to use the Ellucian or other administrative software. Experience in the Illinois higher education system. Be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Demonstrate good judgement and the ability to work well with others in a multicultural environment.Job Summary:
Coordinate all general office functions including recruitment, employment evaluation, compensation, data, collective analysis and reports. Oversee and manage training, learning, and development programs including mandatory compliance training initiatives. Assist with the contract negotiations and administration of five (5) collective bargaining agreements. To participate in situations of a highly confidential nature. Develop and submit reports to various state and federal educational agencies, including ICCB reports.Specific Job Duties:
- Coordinate and assign mandatory training across the institution. In collaboration with administration, identify training needs based on human resources initiatives, legal and regulatory changes, and career development needs.
- Support policies, programs and practices which enhance the College’s development and retention needs and student success.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all employees; create/update job descriptions to reflect current organizational chart.
- Conduct new employee orientations and exit interviews.
- Manage performance evaluation process.
- Develop and maintain online social media recruitment; maintain HR webpages.
- Assist in responding to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints as well as investigating such complaints.
- Prepare and enter data or information from source documents, rough draft copy or general instructions into routine and technical materials including forms, statistical reports and correspondence.
- Assist with all general office procedures which include Ellucian or other HR systems, completing correspondence, reports and related material.
- Maintain personnel and payroll information used for Ellucian or other database records.
- Assist in all collective bargaining negotiations with five labor unions and assist with contract administration.
- Assist with the design, develop, and modify comprehensive relational Ellucian or other databases for faculty and staff.
- Coordinate employee recognition events and CommUNITY events.
- Assist with strategic planning, purchasing, records control, projects and budget.
- Assist with managing online open enrollment benefit information.
- Maintains organizational chart and employee directory.
- Assist with all special events hosted by the office of Human Resources.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and webinars to stay current in HR topics.
- Serves as acting HR director in that person’s absence.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Admin00050PUDesired Start Date:
06/14/2021Open Until Filled: