Requisition Number:31384Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:25-Jul-2021Date Posted:15-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Office Administrator/HR Liaison is a key member of the finance and accounting team directly supervised by the Director of Finance. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of administrative and human resource support to the Office of Strategic Relations and Communications by planning, prioritizing, executing, and applying proper office policies and procedures.
A few highlights include managing all of the day-to-day operations of the department and recommend improved operations for the overall daily functioning and administration of the department; maintaining open, efficient, collaborative, and collegial communications with team colleagues and departmental colleagues; and exhibiting an enthusiastic attitude toward the maintenance of a well-functioning and positive work environment for the department.
The position will complete all new and ongoing applicable training related to Administrative and HR Liaison duties, gaining solid skill sets in the role required to function at a highly proficient and knowledgeable level.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreStrategic Relations and Communications
facilitates an integrated approach to campus wide marketing and communications to inspire greater CU Boulder engagement, affinity and support.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeOffice Administration
- Managing administrative operations of the department and recommends improved processes and/or improved operations for the overall daily functioning and administration of the department.
- Maintaining open, efficient, collaborative, and collegial communications with team colleagues and departmental colleagues, being a solid team player, and exhibiting an enthusiastic attitude toward the maintenance of a well-functioning and positive work environment for the department.
- Manages all administrative details, including, but not limited to: department purchasing, facility maintenance, departmental listings, and services such as asset management, telecom services, and parking management services.
- Manages all aspects of Information Technology duties for the department in collaboration with the Director of Finance. This includes assisting staff with any needed equipment purchases, repairs, replacements, etc, working with OIT (Office of Information Technology) Dedicated Desktop Support personnel on computer purchases/repairs/replacements/disposals, and proper maintenance of the SRC IT storage room.
- Perform any other duties in support of Strategic Relations including those assigned or requested by the Director of Finance, Managers, Assistant Vice-Chancellors, or Chief Communications Officer in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Human Resource Liaison Coordinator
- The main point of contact between all staff members within SRC and the HR Service Center (“HRSC”) to ensure all personnel requests are processed with the highest level of accuracy, confidentiality, and timeliness. This includes, but is not limited to all payroll processing, timesheet management, hiring procedures, termination/resignation procedures, and all other HR-related activity within the department.
- Research, interpret and communicate CU HR policies and guidelines to staff. Collaborate with leadership about upcoming deadlines, or relevant policy changes, the potential impact on workflows and provide recommendations regarding changes and/or necessary communications.
- Responsible for submitting documentation to the HRSC for any changes in payroll and deductions; explaining changes and/or adjustments to employees & supervisors; validating payroll production runs; preparing summary reports as requested; documenting internal payroll procedures/steps; and verifying at fiscal year-end accounts and balances for all students, Classified Staff, and University Staff in Strategic Relations.
- Has in-depth knowledge of all HR programs, tools, and applications, and a solid understanding of all university policies & procedures for payroll/HR management.
- Corrects all payroll errors immediately by researching problems, making adjustments in the system, and requesting off-cycle checks.
- Responsible for assisting staff with medical leave time (including FMLA, short/long-term disability, and all other complex leave time arrangements).
- Works closely and collaboratively with Director of Finance, senior leadership, and departmental staff, and proactively exercises initiative to achieve organizational goals and objectives, communicates effectively, orally, and in writing, and maintains confidentiality.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with, and a sense of community among, employees and the high volume of vendors, service providers, and visitors to SRC.
- Demonstrate effective analytical and problem-solving skills, work well under pressure, and have the ability to handle a variety of confidential material and sensitive documents in an appropriate, professional manner.
- Assist departmental staff with all travel-related plans including assistance with travel bookings via Concur Travel and Expense program, conference registration fees, etc.
- Responsible for Travel Card expense reporting, including assistance with arranging staff travel plans, researching travel requests from staff, providing assistance with training, and overall general support for all departmental staff.
- Complete all applicable training for Concur Travel and Expense program, and be well-versed and maintain a current knowledge base of all university travel policies and procedures through the Procurement Service Center (PSC) website.
- Act as backup accounts payable administrator who is responsible for all procurement management processes and procedures of goods and services for the department. Includes evaluation and determination of correct payment mechanism (i.e., Purchase Order, Voucher, Non-Catalog, Standing Purchase Order, etc.) while following all proper rules and regulations per federal, state, university, and campus policies and procedures.
- Learns and maintains an in-depth knowledge base of full-cycle purchasing and payment processes via the Procurement Service Center (PSC) policies and procedures and the CU Marketplace system.
- Investigates and promptly resolves problems/issues/errors related to payables of goods and/or services with vendors, PSC, and/or internal or external clients.
- Perform any other applicable duties as requested by the supervisor.
What We Can OfferThe salary range for this position is $48,000-$60,000. BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Dynamic. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related fields.
- Substitution: an equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the degree.
- 3+ years of relevant professional-level experience.
What You Will Need
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
- Organizational skills, proactive learner.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel and Word skills; solid ability to learn new software programs.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 5+ years of relevant professional-level experience.
- Experience with Concur Travel & Expense software. CU Marketplace Purchasing and Procurement software. IBM Cognos - Financial Accounting software.
- PeopleSoft Financials - GL/Payables/Receivables.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]