: Staff and AdministratorsDepartment:
: 5110 (FSO-Financial Services)Locations:
: Worcester, MAPosted:
: Jun 21, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time - ExemptRef. No.:
: 199721Position ID:
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub
The Finance Business Analyst supports the maintenance of Clark University's Finance Information Systems, including but not limited to, Ellucian Banner, TouchNet, Windstar, and Fundriver, and serves as the technical point of contact in the Financial Services department. The position is also responsible for data integrity, standards, security, and privacy and their corresponding policies, procedures, compliance, audit and training. Other responsibilities include leading efforts related to reporting; providing data analysis; supporting upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned; managing the security access to Financial Services' systems and data; researching and resolving technical and systems issues; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements more efficiently or effectively; and assisting in updating the Financial Services websites.
This position serves as the liaison between the Financial Services department and Information Technology Services, as well as with other units across campus.
- Manage user access to systems and data related to Financial Services based on job responsibilities and identified business need; provide related training. Systems include, but not limited to, Ellucian Banner, BI Query, Discover, Argos, Windstar, ToucNet, TD Bank, Fundriver, Xtender, and various file shares.
- Recommend and implement changes to business processes and software configurations to maximize the use of software applications to meet the business needs of Financial Services.
- Assist in the building, testing, distribution and submission of annual IRS reports including 1099, 1098T, W2s and 1042s.
- Oversee administrative users' and third-parties' compliance with policies related to financial data including but not limited to PCI, GDRP, and Red Flag. Partner with ITS on compliance certifications and training.
- Assist the Director of Student Accounts in the monthly and semester student billing.
- Coordinate department business process development with associated technology development, through project planning, management, implementation, data stewardship, analysis, and report generation:
- Develop a strong overall knowledge of the business processes and technologies used in Financial Services.
- Assist the Financial Services team using reporting and analytic tools to monitor data entry, integrity, quality, and accuracy.
- Lead all efforts related to system upgrades, patches and system implementations within Financial Services including training when necessary.
- Collaborate with other campus offices to ensure appropriate use of shared data; offer technical expertise in the form of training and trouble-shooting on an as needed basis.
- Interface with vendors as needed to research, implement, and support new capabilities, interfaces and associated software tools and collaborate with ITS to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Coordinate with functional users and ITS to develop and communicate business logic for system integrations among Banner and other software applications.
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements
- Assist in the year end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Assist in special projects as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) OR 5-7 years relevant work experience
- High level of skill and experience using ERP systems, databases, and reporting tools (for example, Discoverer, BIQuery, Argos). Experience with Ellucian Banner highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent management and administrative skills; ability to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, organize and adhere to deadlines.
- Good understanding of policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to university financial operations and proven ability to educate, train and monitor financial compliance.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong passion and desire to learn new things and adapt to changes.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees across campus; ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to communicate complex information, including statistical analyses of data, in an understandable fashion to a variety of audiences.
- Higher education experience preferred.
This is a Full-time position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks' vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than July 15. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.