Techno Functional Analyst
At Enterprise Applications (EA) we provide enterprise technology services for business and academic information systems. We collaborate with business users across campus to purchase, implement and maintain enterprise technologies for the university's diverse business and academic needs. Additionally, we innovate mobile and web applications designed in-house to enhance the student experience at USD, and empower students to improve their overall success.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity's urgent challenges.
The Techno Functional System Analyst will work with project teams within EA on innovative solutions that impact the experience of Students, Staff, Faculty, Alumni and others within the USD community. This position will pro-actively manage, troubleshoot, and take ownership of assigned system production issues and implementation projects along with providing technical support to end users on the use of various applications.
The analyst will be actively involved in gathering requirements, testing technical solutions, and deployment in particular those that leverage Salesforce, Banner, Luminis Portal, Auxiliary Services solutions, Digital Document Management solutions, and/or mobile technologies. The position will partner with team members to leverage progressive technologies, create and improve team standards and processes, and existing protocols to arrive at a sustainable application portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Systems Expertise and Collaboration:
• Advise and contribute as needed to EA Projects that require expertise on the systems managed, or data that is being maintained in those systems
• Develop best practices for business users as well as internal staff for each application
• Cultivate a passion and interest in applications for higher education, especially for admissions, financial aid, students, international community, alumni and friends of the University that can enhance their experience and ultimately the overall success of the organization
• Document implementations, upgrades, responses, changes to applications using Salesforce
• Practice open and effective communication particularly when troubleshooting with business users, in gathering requirements, in collaborating with colleagues, and in every day operations
Software Configuration and Maintenance:
• Provide Technical and System support for one or more of the following products: TargetX/Salesforce CRM Solution, Banner SIS, Portal Technologies such as the Luminis, Mobile Technology Solutions, Auxiliary Services Solutions such as CBORD, Nebraska Systems
• Assist in implementing new versions, enhanced features, or patches for assigned products.
• Pro-actively take ownership of productions issues ensuring that issue is properly identified, a thorough analysis is conducted to determine the underlying cause of problem, and escalation of issues as needed.
Systems Analysis and Project Management:
• Guide and perform strategic analysis for the project.
• Solicit user requirements to create clear and concise user requirement documents and obtain consensus from users on the document.
• Analyze the user requirements document and consult with peers and business users as well as development team to provide a well-researched solution using core USD solutions.
• Develop and deliver proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Ensure all project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately with work request or project plan in Salesforce.
• Develop and provide training as assigned.
• Assist in the evaluation of technologies for the EA organization.
• Assist in the design of Technical solutions for complex problems and enhancements.
• Create and execute functional test scripts to validate system setup/configuration, data conversions, updates, and fixes.
• Support Mobile Applications in Android and iPhone native development environments.
• Diagnose/resolve technical problems independently, articulate and discuss solution with peers in a confident manner with a view to getting input to provide the best solution for USD.
• Multi task in the fast-paced, production environment to juggle priorities as needed to provide resolution to high profile technical issues.
• Develop and maintain websites as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education or certification.
• Minimum four years of professional employment that demonstrates progressive responsibility in information systems and project leadership.
• Experience with Salesforce or CRM solutions.
• Two years of experience in a higher educational environment preferred.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Experience implementing Application systems and supporting various users in a production environment at a Higher Education institution.
• Experience in a vendor supported ERP product environment, understanding of how patches and upgrades are handled and supported.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose/resolve technical problems independently.
• Strong working knowledge of a CRM product from both a functional and technical perspective.
• Some Web design or programming experience in Java/J2EE/HTML/CSS.
• Basic knowledge of relational database and SQL in an Oracle or Windows environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical staff as well as non-technical users.
• Clearly demonstrated ability to multi task and work in a collaborative team environment and to work cooperatively with others.
• Demonstrated strong customer service attitude as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem solving; and ability to work independently as well as in a multi-role team environment are needed.
• Demonstrated organizational abilities including setting goals, plans, and priorities, to achieve results.
Tools & Equipment Used:
• Windows personal computer, Microsoft Office applications, Web development software. ERP products such as SharePoint.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Posting Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
Special Application Instructions:
to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 37.5 per week; Potential for the opportunity to work remotely
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency