Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job Title
Financial Aid Information Systems Specialist I (S00194)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Financial Aid Department, has an immediate need for a Full-time Financial Aid Information Systems Specialist I. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility to work evening and weekend hours is required. Position is located in Rockville, MD. This is a Non-bargaining, Non-exempt, Grade 27 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
This is a temporary position with benefits funded through June 30, 2022. Employment continuation beyond this period is contingent upon need and funding.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Verify student’s eligibility status based on current HEERF guidelines.
- Monitor HEERF guidelines and regulations to ensure accurate college adherence.
- Work with faculty, staff, students and college community disseminating HEERF eligibility information.
- Assist with system related setup to ensure HEERF funds are awarded appropriately.
- Work with financial aid and other college offices regarding HEERF related communications and consumer information.
- Assist with reporting on and analyzing HEERF fund data.
- Coordinate with functional users to update information on HEERF on college’s website
- Responding to students and staff with their HEERF related queries.
- Assist in creating Electronic HEERF Application and send informational emails to the student community.
- Ensure HEERF data integrity throughout all systems; Banner, ImageNow and Dynamic Forms.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or computer technology. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience providing an understanding of the field and the work to be performed may be considered.
- One-year experience providing understanding of the field.
- Knowledge of and ability to use office technology (software, computers, printers).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational/time management skills.
- Leadership skills and independent decision-making ability.
- Ability to listen well and communicate clearly and effectively, and focus and prioritize in order to meet numerous deadlines with little or no supervision. Ability to grasp knowledge of policies and procedures regarding HEERF and other Federal and State grants.
- Ability to diplomatically handle multiple tasks despite frequent interruptions and difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to meet federal, state and collegewide deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience working in Oracle SQL or similar report writing tools.
- Experience working with Financial Aid information systems (Banner preferably), electronic forms and document imaging systems.
- Experience working with MS Excel (Advanced Level) and other MS Office products.
Salary Range: $28.58 to $37.15 (hourly). Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
Additional Job Description
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateTuesday, August 3, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.