Institutional Research AnalystLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Jun 18, 2021Description:
The Institutional Research Analyst works closely with the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment to provide accurate information and data analysis to the Hamilton community and external agencies. The incumbent is responsible for working with stakeholders to identify information needs, selecting data sources and presentation mechanisms appropriate to tasks and audiences, and delivering clear, accurate and informative results. The incumbent is responsible for developing and constructing surveys conducted through the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment and takes a lead role in advancing development of analytic and reporting systems, including data analysis and solution design, in support of institutional decision making.
Data Management and Data Reporting
- In partnership with the Director of OIRA, will interface with a variety of external agencies and groups (e.g. IPEDS, MSCHE, CDS, AAUP, NCAA, HEOA, NYSED, and US News) to ensure that Hamilton complies fully with regulatory reporting requirements and responds in a timely manner to requests by regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and professional associations.
- Assist with defining and governing data for use on campus, including validating the accuracy of data made available in reporting and visualizations.
Supporting Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Work with Director of Institutional Research and Assessment and other key stakeholders in assessing various student enrollment, retention, graduation, and success metrics. Additionally, support financial reporting (budget, financial aid) and assessments. Collaborate with Business Intelligence team on tactical and strategic research projects and dashboards that might include demographic analyses, profile analyses, outcomes assessment, and predictive modeling.
- Assist data analytics-based research conducted in support of internal programs at the College. In consultation with Director of OIRA, will develop research protocols, engage other campus constituents to execute research, analyze results and prepare reports for College constituents.
Supporting Institutional Effectiveness
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of integrated institutional self-assessment programs; provides technical support, and facilitates the integration of processes and findings into institutional planning and decision-making.
- Conduct and/or assists on a wide variety of survey research efforts for the College; participates in survey construction, development of survey instruments, and design of survey protocols and procedures.
- Actively participate in building our diverse, inclusive, and equitable campus community
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in a social science, business or a related field with course work in statistics and research methods.
Excellent quantitative and writing skills, including the ability to communicate technical information in oral, written and graphic form to individuals with varying backgrounds.
Strong background in statistical analysis, spreadsheet applications, and database management systems.
Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion
Education: Master's degree in a related discipline and work experience in higher education preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Other requirements include:
- The ability to work independently; strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities; the ability to meet deadlines; diligent concern for accuracy and attention to detail; a customer service orientation and the ability to work others well within a collegial environment.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated competency in working with relational database systems is essential, as well as familiarity with querying databases using SQL or other programming knowledge.
- A working knowledge of data warehouse, data governance, and business intelligence concepts and principles is expected.
- Proficiency in an analytical software package, such as SPSS, SAS, Python or R; Advanced knowledge of Excel and Tableau (or other data visualization tools)
- Website design and development
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue to until the position is filled.