DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: Graduate SchoolJob Title: Marketing and Communications CoordinatorPosition #3185 – Requisition #21776
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Graduate School has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Marketing and Communications Coordinator position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. The Graduate School is a dual-campus entity. This position will be based at the Denver Campus, but will perform work at both campuses. Descriptions of each campus follow.Denver Campus
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Job Summary:
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works directly with the Graduate School Assistant Dean and Director of Recruitment to assist with the development, implementation, and management of new and ongoing graduate marketing, communication, and recruitment efforts. This position will work to meet the recruitment and enrollment goals of graduate programs and certificates across both CU Denver and CU Anschutz, while also elevating the national and international reputation of the programs and University. Please note: This position only has budgeted salary for three years, unless additional budget is approved in the future.Examples of Work Performed:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage social media accounts and advertising
- Assist with development of marketing materials
- Manage prospective student and recruitment network databases
- Provide Slate CRM support
- Expand graduate Slate CRM features
- Develop and manage Slate communications
- Website management
- Assist with prospective student advising and recruitment events
- Develop original marketing content
- Data analysis
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
Diversity and Equity:
- The hiring range for this position has been established at $45,000 to $60,000 per year.
- Please note: This position only has budgeted salary for three years, unless additional budget is approved in the future.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
- Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected].
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, business, public administration, computer science, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and
- At least two (2) years of professional level experience in CRM systems.
- At least two (2) years professional experience in a graduate education setting.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Must be willing and able to occasionally travel within and outside of Colorado for recruitment events and training
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs., with or without accommodation
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Completion of a graduate (masters or doctoral) degree
- At least 2 years of experience with Slate
- Experience with using social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Affinity Designer
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Demonstrated proficiency in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office.Demonstrated creativity and ability to solve problems.Job Category:
Academic ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 18, 2021Unposting Date: